Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Best $7,000 I ever bought
By whf147

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

As a previous Chevy Sprint owner I would say this is the car of the century. I paid $1,000 more for this vehicle than the 1986 Chevy Sprint I bought. I got 180,000 miles out of that vehicle. I bought this Aveo in Oct of 2004 and I have 46,000 trouble free miles on it.

Aveo
By cc7879

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the car for one and a half years and have had to have it in the shop twice. Luckily I bought the extended warranty because the timing belt broke a couple of days ago and now I need a new moter.

Suggested Improvements

Dome light in the middle of the car instead of front. Horn in middle of steering wheel instead of two small places on steering wheel. Get rid of the silver strips next to the gear shift, the sun bounces off them and blinds you.

Very Thrilled
By Dotagnon

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have never driven a car that has been so fun to drive as the Aveo. I studied up on it to look for the 'problem' areas before buying. I found them to not be a problem. The engine is a little loud (what the tester's said) for a new car, but is still competitive with all others. Either way, my sound system covers all of that up. I've also never driven something so manueverable as this. It looks tiny from the outside, but inside it fits four large people comfortably. It's incredible and an awesome buy.

Favorite Features

My favorite is manueverability. I feel like I 'fit' in the vehicle and it fits very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a little more cargo space for the amount that is there. The power is nice for a 4-cylinder but perhaps a little more power. And more colors, a wider variety of unseen colors, would be an improvement.

A fanastic car!
By JASON

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I drive about 110 to 120 miles a day (during the week) so we purchased this vehicle hoping to get a fuel efficient mile buster. In all honesty we thought that it would be a 'throw-away' car that we would not care much about. We were wrong. This little rocket has been fastastic. Very reliable, great fuel economy, incredibly roomy, and a joy to drive. The majority of our miles are highway miles and it rides as smooth as any car I have ever driven. You would be very very surprised, I was!

Favorite Features

Manual transmission, roominess, it's looks, and dependability.

Perfect car for couple or 3 people
By ruth wilhite

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Most of the car is fine. Generally pleased with the car. It rides good. Holds the road well. Carpet/ seat coverings look cheap but wearing o.k. Had to replace the back seat hinge where it folds to be flat. Routine wiper/ hubcap/heat/air/cond/.. All done with a smile at routine check ups. Recommend this car for a good cheap ride. All of grandkids love it...

Favorite Features

Hatchback door great for loading food /cokes/bicyles/wagons for grandkids.

Suggested Improvements

Better carpets/seat coverings. Bench seat for the front is #1 request of all Aveo owners I know. Longer seat belts. Rack and sunroof / more cup holders in back/ auto on the steering wheel not between seats. Simple radio controls like in the 80's. Do not like today’s radios.