2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Aveo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Sort Reviews by

2004 Aveo
By tinasboss1

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but good experiences with this little car.

Favorite Features

interior leg room both back and front

It could be better, but it's cool!!!
By I'm Canadian

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in Canada, so I don't know if they're different. Ours is a modern green hatchback 5 speed manuel with no CD player, no Sunroof, No aluminum wheels, no spoiler no nothing special. We paid about $18, 000 Canadian with insurance, taxes, and full protection package. It's an ok car for the price, better than the echo but in the sedam edition there are better vehicles(than the Aveo). The one big problm with the Aveo is it's gas millaege.

Favorite Features

It's hatchback feature, the outside, the front and back lights are cool. The big trunk(in the hatchback). the door handles are interesting. The third seat belt in the back is also interresting. It's cool for a hatchback.

Suggested Improvements

The gas economy. I read on GM canada that it takes 8.8litres/100kilometers in the city. Which is alot for a small car, and the Cavalier is way worst for an entry sedam. Other cars are better in gas economy like the Corrola and Civic are better than the Aveo. Now whats up with that?

the little BEEP-BEEP is great
By fmonte

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

for a small car this thing moves. with all the bells and wistles it was the best purchase i've made car wise in a long time. people ask me what it is and are impressed. tarted it out a little with tinted windows and window rain guards, this black beauty is something else.

Favorite Features

the enterior room is not to be belived. when the rear seats are folded down its a great hauler for a lot of stuff

Suggested Improvements

wished there was an armrest with storage, button for unlocking the power doors, cruise control

Aveo
By teasels

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the 4 speed Automatic pulls great in the high hills and handles great not a cramped feeling and I am a big man 250lbs + highly recomended

Favorite Features

fuel economy a/c overdrive trans

Suggested Improvements

more optional equipment

3 Month Driver
By mantis69

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 4 year lease, at 235 a month with 20k/yr seems pretty reasonable. My biggest aggravation about this car is the poor gas mileage. I do 90% city driving and consider myself a good driver. But dismayed at the fact that I only get 300km/tank, which is roughly 32 dollars (Canadian) a week. I had an 89-ford tempo that got that (or better), the dealer says it's the ' break in period'. It seems very similar to another small car I had and that one got 450km/tank. I am not a mechanic but I think something’s odd. I brought it back to the dealership and they said there's nothing wrong with it? Other than poor gas mileage I find it ok to drive.

Favorite Features

Its looks sporty, and has plenty of peep for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas millage........

2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
By Jody Lee

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

really fun car to drive. interior controls are layed out exceptionally well. very easy to see out of. would make a great car for a young driver.

Favorite Features

dash design. driver's seat raises and lowers. excellent car for the price.

forget echo- buy this
By railroad man

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

old car broke.rented toyota echo for 1 month. read my review. one aveo test drive and i was sold. i'm at 6k miles and the only 2 problems i've encountered are during winter-a stiff rear hatch seal and ice damming up inside the fuel filler hatch. both very minor design problems. 30mpg solid at chicago tollway speeds. sunglass holder hell-saftey glass holder. how many of us have to wear them? dealer threw in mp3. station wagon no charge.real useable storage. my 400lb girlfriend even fits in it comfortably. hauls me and dive buddy and all our scuba gear with the rear seat down.nice ride quality.

Favorite Features

useable rear seat that flips forward. a real warranty. great shifter w/reverse locker.flip up wipers.rear window defrost.lots of room.korean build quality and reliability.good performance for only a 1.6l.nice at high speeds.

Suggested Improvements

hard hat holder to go with the safety glass holder.make 1500lb trailer towing available-why can i get a hitch in england for a daewoo kalos but as soon as its for a chevy theres nothing? restore dealer add on parts support initially on chev.com website and then pulled off.

great car
By daddy'sgmgirl

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! I've had my Aveo for a little over a month, and it replaced a 12 year old Lumina I had. It's great, in city and on the highway. Good mileage. Only problem I have is my keyless remote entry broke (ironically on the day I mailed my first payment), so have to go to dealership. Bought it because moving and 60/40 split seats will be great!

Favorite Features

Spacious, CD player, sunglasses holder on driver side, hold feature

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control, warranty, could add a few inches in length to the car.

Super New Chevy
By Herbert H.Harris

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Impressive. Very solid. Performance is impressive as it breaks in.. Quick...reminds me of my 1970 BMW2002, performs that well, handles superb, ride excellent, impressive for the price.,,,Excellent, Superb build quality,,tight, nicve.ready for my first oil change..

Favorite Features

Great a/c, love the controls, big guy, love the buckets, very cofortable, great trunk in sedan, wheel chair with ease. Love build quaility. Great radio. Impressed overall.

Suggested Improvements

As always, more horsepower, although this Aveo moves with the best,but why not make it THE BEST!!

A delight to drive
By MClean

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a delightful car to drive. For a small four cylinder it has excellent exceleration(pulling hills or merging into traffic) on the highway. The gas mileage is also a big plus. I got 30mpg in the city and 38mpg on the highway. And that is with a automatic transmission. The seats are comfortable and there is ample room for four passengers. The hatchback has a small storage space in the rear, but if you need more room the rear seats fold down. The only thing that I did not like was the cup holder in the front dash. When you use it, any thing you have in it blocks access to the ac/heater controls. But for less than 14K this car is excellent.

Favorite Features

The CD/MP3 player. The tilt-up windshield wipers.

Suggested Improvements

Remove the cigarette lighter and ashtray and move the cup holders down so they do not block the ac/heater controls. Add cruise control as one of the options.