2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
First and Last Chevy
By trlinde on 12/26/05 19:42 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First off, the car driven before this was an SL1 Saturn which they stopped making, so I'm comparing it with this. The Aveo is nothing more than a station wagon too short to be of use. It's uncomfortable, noisy, and feels like it's going to tip over around every turn. It has no lumbar suoort and to add to the discomfort you can't adjust the angle of the steering wheel. The insturments are very hard to see the way they have then at the bottom of what looks like cup holders. The actual cupholders are unsafe in that you have to move your beverage to use the ashtray while you drive. It's perhaps the most unsafe car on the road. You can't even adjust the delay on the intermittent wipers.

My car
By 4 door sedan on 12/13/05 23:13 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If I were designing a car for myself, this is the kind I would design. And for someone buying a new car on a tight budget (like mine), this car was not only economical to purchase but also it has been economical to operate. As an added bonus, it has an attractive compact appearance with contemporary styling. As a practical 4-door sedan it has adequate interior room for four full-size adults even on extended trips. (The back seat has seatbelts for 3 adults in a pinch, but this arrangement would get snug quickly on a long road trip.) Its 4-speed automatic shift makes for responsive performance when needed but also good on gas mileage if it isn't pushed hard continually.

The best overall small car out there
By Ryan on 10/20/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo has been a terrifc car so far. I bought it brand new and in the past year it has not had one single problem. GM's rebates and GMAC's low interest finance rates made the car an overall bargain. Compared to the Scion XA and Hyundai Accent, the Aveo felt roomier, more stylish, had more thoughful touches and in the case of the Accent, better built. Chevy deserves credit for marketing this European-style hatch in America, where five-door hatches have been unpopular and dismissed as cheap throw-away cars. For such a tiny vehicle, the room is incredible. Theres plenty of headroom and footroom in the front, although its a bit tight in the back, but thats to be expected. A terrific car

Excellent for the price.
By tronno22556 on 10/19/05 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I paid $7999.02 with taxes, tags, etc a year ago, brand new. Excellent price. I needed a car, and cheap at that. I'm not unhappy with the car or the purchase at all. I put about 17,000 on it delivering pizzas and it performed wonderfully. It's very reliable. Nothing gave out yet, except for the tires. It ate the factory tires bare. New tires had to go on at 21,000 miles. It averaged about 28 MPG delivering pizza, and about 30 to 33 during "normal" driving. The trunk is huge. Easy enough to do my own oil changes and tire rotations. The only mechanic work I've had to hire out is installing the tires on the old rims.

Aveo
By james on 10/15/05 22:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Chevrolet Aveo is a nice compact car to have. The interior is sporty and modern. When I went on a trip I had plenty of space for two people and their suitcases in the hatchback. Had a lot of room

I love my little bird!
By kimcan84 on 10/13/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive! It may not be the most powerful little car in the world, but it gets me where I need to be. It's super comfortable (at least from where I'm sitting). I love that I can raise and lower the driver's seat. The stereo system is pretty nice as well (MP3 cd player).

Good, but falling apart
By J-Rod on 09/08/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great on gas, and the engine is running very solid. The only problems I have experienced was that the radio decided not to work after 20,000 miles, which really displeases me about this car. It is the little things I can tell why this car is priced as is, you get what you pay for. I am not bashing the car...it is a reliable car, but the manufacturer could have put in a little more attention to detail.

things wrong
By bummer on 07/19/05 11:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

within the first month the heater motor went out, then would not heat, back in the shop again. then 2 months straight of taking it back in to have the tires balanced. first 4 months i owned this car, it was in the shop once a month. now it is back in again to have a marker light replaced when a clip broke (car not being hit or anything.) also to have the back seat fixed. it was put down and up, when it was put back down, it came out of alignment and would not latch on one side. new seat bracket having to be ordered.

Pretty nice first car
By Randy in Georgia on 07/17/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car. I have put well over 20,000 miles on it and it is still ticking without any problems. Gas milage could be better and the dings I have received from cars bumping my doors are annoying. I certainly will upgrade for my next purchase and probably get a Toyota Prius, but this is an excellent starter car.

cheap ugly car
By alastor421 on 07/17/05 20:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is an eyesore i bought it thinking it would be great on gas its not the ride is boring its cheaply made you can get something better in the same price range.The performance is lacking in all aspects of this car.