Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Wonderful College Car
By Vanni

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my car. It is extremely economical. The only downfall is wind noise inside.

Eyeglass holder, sunroof, trendy interior

Improve the wind noise

CRUNCH
By Bob

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a brand new 2004 Aveo in 7/2005 off the dealer lot. Several months later I started hearing popping and creaking in the front suspension area, and it got worse in the months to come. Finally took it in after a year of driving. Here is what happened. Dealer decided it must be the bushings and they replaced them, bad move bushings don't wear out in only months. Anyways, the fix didn't do very much. Turned it back in and they checked their TSB list that indicated to replace control arms. This was on their work order and receipt they gave me. For some reason they Instead decided to only torque control arms. Bad move. Still didnt fix it. Fix number 3 is in process, stay tuned

Overall car is nice.

Suspension

Suspension Problems TSB noted
By JLW

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car; however, in month 2 or 3 creaking and popping started from suspension, and got worse as the months progressed. Finally took it in a year later and they said the bushings on the stabilizer arms were no good. I thought to myself how could bushings go bad in 2-3 months on a brand new car? Took it in, and they replaced them and it made a noticable difference. However creaking and popping is still there and I'm trying to isolate where. I think it's now in the back. Not happy at all with the suspension on this brand new car. It's due to the heavy swing of the car, its height and poor/or improperly selected/or placed suspension components. Going back again for the remaining creaks, stay tuned.

Peppy engine, Passenger compartment size.

Suspension

2004 Aveo
By S. Selvage

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my little car about 10 months ago. It had 26,000 miles on it. I have 36,000 on it now. My only complaint is the gas mileage. I expected better. It is getting 30 to 33 mpg. It seems sturdy and I enjoy driving it. I have no complaint with the pep. The interior room is excellent and the back seat has more room than my Toyota RAV. There does seem to be a bad blind spot at the front side windshield, and to the rear. I have learned to compensate.

The CD player and sound system are great. The seats are really comfortable and the back seat room is amazing.

Gas mileage improvement. The environmental controls need to be up higher. They get in the way of the cup holder.

Love My Aveo
By sandy

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When my truck got totaled back in 2004, and I was nearing retirement, I looked for an economy vehicle. I saw the Aveo LS Hatchback. Didn't take but a minute to decide that was my choice. I have had countless compliments on it and am so happy with it. I would like to see this make and model continue. Thanks Chevy!!

I prefer standard shift, and Aveo's is smooth shifting.

Other colors to choose from.