Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Dissapointed Chevy Fan
By Chris

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel Economy significantly lower than advertised. Air conditioning performance declines every season, dealer has noted noise but did not fix. Wore out tires prematurely. Has suspension clunks in front and rear which dealer has noted but never fixed.Now it has a grinding in the front which comes and goes but "could not be reproduced by dealer.Our new car is now more disappointing to drive than the 96 we sold when we bought the Aveo. I have always been a supporter and fan of Chevy. The Aveo and Doug Chevy have changed that. I will never buy a new Chevy again.

Suprisingly Solid and Roomy
By Angela

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased this car when my grandma couldn't drive it anymore. It has 12,000 miles on it, and is in like new condition. Having driven only SUV's for a while, I am blown away at how well this little car handles and how much cab space there is for people. Our 2 teens and a 7 year old fit comfortably in back (as comfortable as our last SUV). Our first trip was 750 miles with 4 people (weighing 600 lbs. total) and packed to the hilt with our stuff. We got 34 mpg on the highway. Acceleration is good on the interstate, even on hills. I just took a 16 hour trip in a Toyota Matrix that didn't do so well and didn't handle as good. I'm only getting 22-26 mpg in the city, but I drive fast.

Red, sporty, good handling, zippy and good gas mileage. Everyone who sees it, comments and wants to know what it is. Love the keyless entry, side signal lights, spoiler and roomy interior.

Put an armrest on the driver's seat, or a console between the seats. Cup holders could use some improvement. The ones up front are a little small and only one for the back seat.

So Far, So Good
By DeBeez

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first auto so I was looking for a fuel efficent, easy to drive car. Well, I lucked out with both. This car handles well and parks easily too. I've had only had to replace a rim and tire but that had to do with potholes, not the car. My only issues are that braking distance needed at higher speeds is longer than I expected and when I'm on the expressway and go above 60mph,the car starts to drift.

The car is very peppy as other reviews have indicated and it manuevers well.

Better braking system maybe, and sturdier frame

Thow away car
By notforchevy

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased brand new, never drove it hard. Took it on trips, always maintained the vehicle. 70k hits and the crank shaft position sensor goes out and the car won't start. 73k hits, the timing belt broke and now I have to pay $2000 for a new engine. Right when I got it back the transmission went out. Out of control

The sunroof. It was the only one in the lot that had one too.

Partner up with Honda and take some notes on how to produce a reliable car.

Leaves you stranded!
By Notworthit

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new off the lot for my son. If you want it to last more than 70k, then don't get it. Has left him stranded from work, school, and home 5 times. Crank Shaft sensor at 60k, Radiator problems at 65k, engine blew at 70k, and transmission shifting problems at 71k. Not worth the headache for an "American car" that has parts from Korea. Should have purchased a honda/toyota but unfortunately they didn't offer smaller cars back in 04. Never will I buy an American car again, completely unreliable and of course it all happens after the warrenty runs out. Bought new for $14,200 and have put in $3000 in repairs in the last 3 years! That's not normal!

Moon roof, cd player.

There should be a button that you press to unlock/lock doors. Maybe Chevy could take this Aveo off the market, that would be an improvement, or perhaps a serious overhaul would be in order?