Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

The best car I've ever experianced
By Hubert

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 Chevy Aveo LS 4 door sedan, is by far the best car I've ever driven and/or owned. I have been abundantly surprised at how reliable, comfortable and durable this car has been. It is small enough to get into tight spots and large enough to carry all things necessary and ride in complete comfort. My husband is a tall man and most small cars he has to slouch in. The Aveo allows him to sit strait up and have all the room he needs, without leaving me (who is a foot and a half shorter) swimming. I highly recommend the Aveo to all I encounter.

2004 aveo
By kevin

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car for work. Drive around 65000 per year. Car has been very dependable. Slight problems. Both front wheel bearings have been replaced. Timing belt broke at 60,000. Chevrolet paid for almost all of the work to be done. Get about 30 mpg with car. Wish the mileage was a little better. Overall very satisfied with car and plan to buy another in 2006.

Favorite Features

Car is very fun to drive.

The Review
By Kari W

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Aveo LS for about a year in a half now... and I love it. I have only had one problem with it, and that was that the coolent was leaking...I brought it to the dealership that day and haven't had a problem with it since. The car is on the light side tho, so for those windy days you need to really pay attention because you do drift a lot. For the cost of gas, this is a great way to go.

Honest Description
By Matt

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car looking for a stick shift compact car that was easy on gas mileage and relatively cheap. I have had two cars before this, a F150 pickup and a Mitsubishi Eclipse. The car is average, but for that price tag, you can't expect a Ferrari. Good gas mileage. Great MP3 player. PROBLEMS: 1)The horn is placed EXTREMELY badly making it impossible to hit in an emergency, particularly if you drive one handed. 2) Sometimes the stick shift jams up for inexplicable reasons; weather also alters stick shifting. 3) Hard wind blows it all over the place, worse than driving a semi. Relatively good on ice, but I'm no expert.

Favorite Features

MP3, gas mileage, pretty fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Better stability is a must

My car
By 4 door sedan

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If I were designing a car for myself, this is the kind I would design. And for someone buying a new car on a tight budget (like mine), this car was not only economical to purchase but also it has been economical to operate. As an added bonus, it has an attractive compact appearance with contemporary styling. As a practical 4-door sedan it has adequate interior room for four full-size adults even on extended trips. (The back seat has seatbelts for 3 adults in a pinch, but this arrangement would get snug quickly on a long road trip.) Its 4-speed automatic shift makes for responsive performance when needed but also good on gas mileage if it isn't pushed hard continually.

Favorite Features

What sold me was the clean contemporary styling. I love the compact size but the interior has more room than you would think. Too bad GM seems unable to build cars like this (it is built in Korea and sold thru Chevy dealers). Also it does good in crash tests (hope I never use that feature).

Suggested Improvements

More exterior color options, like beige metallic and charcoal metallic. (Mine is silver metallic.) For appearance sake I would prefer larger wheels, although I haven't had any problem with the standard size that came on the car (they're 14-inch).