2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Perfect car for a grad student
By LotharBot on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I spent this summer visiting family all across the US, from Seattle to Chicago to Denver, so I needed a reliable car, but I'm a grad student with very little money. That's why I got a Chevy Aveo LS. I was often up around 40 mpg on the freeway, so travel costs were pretty low. This car has adequate power (even for crossing the continental divide), great responsiveness, and plenty of features to make the ride comfortable and enjoyable (especially the mp3 player). The interior is very roomy, though you wouldn't know it from looking. I put 5000 miles on it in 2 weeks and still wasn't sick of driving it.

Allen's Review
By BAM on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great inexpensive car and is very reliable. It has plenty of leg room,head room and room for storage. The 4 door Sedan comes loaded, and it is a very sharp car!

First new car...
By jerzeezfinest on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am SO excited about this car... I was driving a 91 jetta that I put $4,000 into in under 18 months-- I was NOT going to deal with anyh more used car problems... The aveo was the cheapest new car i could possibly by, I went to 12 dealerships and was in LOVE with this car. It is an AWESOME value and I don't think I could have possibly done any better for what I had to go on. I'm 18, with a cosigner and a little help for the down payment, I'm paying $175 a month... totally do-able.

Wonderful car
By Animal70X7 on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do not understand how people get such low gas mileage. Mine keeps on going up. It started as 34 MPG on my first tank for city/country driving. It is now 36 to 37 city/country and 41 highway. I have over 6000 miles on mine now and have been thrilled with this car. My friend purchased and Echo and she gets lower gas mileage and has had her car in the shop 3 times in 4 months. I would recommend an Aveo to any one. I am near 50 and think this is the a car I will own for many years.

Econo box? Not anymore
By CLO on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A new entry-level car that really does feel upscale. I am continually surprised by the ride quality, low noise, and effortless cruising at 75 mph. The automatic transmission is velvet-smooth, and the interior is surprisingly roomy. The interior does not look expensive, but not gawdy and cheap, either. A fine car all around, backed by GMC's vast dealer network.

AVEO--fun!-comfortable!
By gaparoonie on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car! I've had a small Hyundai, which was great! and a small Ford, which was great, but tee-eeny! But the AVEO outshines them both, in spades. Definitely get the sedan, if you are interested in trunk storage, as the whole car is 14 inches longer then the hatchback. Has a lot of features that you wouldn't expect on a little car -- like power windows/doors, and a sunroof option.

Great All Around
By Hovatch on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at this car on accident. I really wanted a focus, but couldnt understand why i was going to pay almost $2500 more for a focus with 5spd and air when i got my AVEO loaded. I added the cruise, i spent the extra cash, but it was welll worth it.

Surprisingly good car
By olted on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm pleased with the car. I was amazed at how tight and quiet it is. I bought it for town driving but find it more than adequate for highway. Very peppy on the interstate! Good build quality.

130MPH!!
By Undisclosed on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo on the nite of 7/25 and about 2hrs later I figured I would "see where the fuel cutoff engages", well to mine and my friends suprise, there is no limiter, I stretched 4th gear out to 5500rpm and shifted to 5th, slowly climbing all the way past the 120mph speedometer it hit the odometer peg (124-125?) at 5400rpm in 5th and proceeded to pull upto 5700rpm, I figure we gained another 5-6mph. So, on a more "polliticaly correct" note, the engine in this car is straight from the Daewoo Kalos (along with the rest of the car) and it's a proven reliable engine... it was in the Daewoo Lanos and Nubira back in 98- 99 and it's been a good reliable motor

Chevy's Done It Again!
By Aveofan on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far I have had no problems at all with my Aveo.For a compact car there is plenty of space.I love the design out side and inside.And for gas milage it is great.It dosen't have all the extra features like power lock so that makes it affordable.