Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Do not buy this car!
By Andreana

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not built for our environment. Sure it's good on gas but it's not reliable. I bought my car new, and it's been in the shop 13 times in 2 1/2 years. They have gone into my engine twice to fixe problems, and had to rebuild it. I've had 4 different oil leaks my a/c has been fixed 3 times, my brakes were coming loose and the list goes on. So please if you are reading this do not buy this car! It's a cute car but it's not worth the trouble.

I like how the controls to open and lock the doors are apart of the key itself

Stop making this car or make it bigger so you don't have problem with the engine.

Very Good Compact!
By Ron Sedor

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own two of these cars, an '07 sedan and a '04 five door. I have been very impressed with the handling and ride quality of the '04. With some adroit shifting I have been able to achieve 32 mpg city/highway. I have had no problem traveling up a good sized incline in 5th gear.(altough many reveiwers say this is not possible). Altough the shifting may not be as percise as some of its Japanese counterparts, I personely perfer the longer shifter stalk in the Aveo. Altogether a very good subcompact.

Euro styling, gas mileage. Gauge cluster. Long throw shifter.

None, very good compact car!

It's my Metro upgrade
By PAUL STEINMAN

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

People who ride in my backseat always comment on the roominess of the car. I would still be buying Geo Metro's if they were available, as I got accustomed to 50 mpg. For a trade off, I am very happy with the Aveo.

Heated, single powered rear view mirror and rear wiper.

Smoother shifting after slowing down and reaccelerating. The funny little bump has always bothered me.

It's a great car for someone's first car
By toyoracing2006

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I really liked the car, I bought mine used with around 4k miles on it, and yet the car still felt brand new. My car came with a wide body kit that really set the car off. I like the kit and the car because theres noone out there that has a car that even looks close to as good as mine, and, the car came with 19 inch 5 spoke motegi rims that were custom painted white, and, after I bought the car I put in a custom stereo because I felt that the stereo in the Aveo didnt do any justice since theres absalutely no bass in the stereo, so i put in a set of 2 tens, 2 6x9's and a 750 watt jensen amp. My only complaint about the car is I wish it had a lot more power!

How good the car looks with a body kit and a nice set of rims.

Power! I mean im sorry, but if a Honda Civic hatchback with the same engine size and everything can make nearly 90 more horses and 30 foot pounds of tourqe more then me, then why cant Chevy? I mean its almost pathetic, I can barely pass people doing 50.

Good
By be

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this vehicle 300 miles every weekend and another 200 miles during the week. It is a very reliable car, and the fuel economy is great. It handles suprisingly well for its size, and winter driving is not much of a problem. The interior is of decent design, but I believe it could be cleaned up some. Arm rests would be nice.

Great fuel economy

Arm rests, and a sleeker looking interior.