2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Do not buy
By gtown317 on 09/02/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have only been happy with the mechanical performance of this vehicle. I think It is one of the worst cars to drive on the road today. It is all over the place and It does not get great gas mileage for its size. It is an ugly car also. There is a lot of room in the back seat.

Best Car I've ever Owned!
By Sharon on 08/26/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My mechanic recommended this car, and I'm glad I listened to him. Have done nothing but oil/lube in the 2-1/2 years I've owned it. Not one mechanical problem. Very fun to drive, easy maneuvering, good pick up on the passing gear. Like everyone else says, great interior room. Looks small and squished in from the outside, but when you get inside, you feel like you're in a Suburban. My boyfriend is 6'5" with a very long torso; he ususally has to hunch down in a car. He couldn't believe the headroom in the Aveo. It's a zippy little rollerskate and you can park it anywhere. The gas mileage is terrific.

Love My Aveo
By sandy on 08/16/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When my truck got totaled back in 2004, and I was nearing retirement, I looked for an economy vehicle. I saw the Aveo LS Hatchback. Didn't take but a minute to decide that was my choice. I have had countless compliments on it and am so happy with it. I would like to see this make and model continue. Thanks Chevy!!

Best and safest little car for the money
By Bonnie on 07/05/06 21:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car had it for 2 years never had a problem ever just regular maint. Saturday June 17th 2006 I hit something in the road and lost control of the vehicle. Crashed into telephone poll and fliped over. I am happy to say that all I had was some bruises and even though the car is no more, I can safely say that car saved my life. I am buying another one.

I love my Aveo!
By Mills on 06/09/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for about two years now, it never let me down. I love the way it rides, it's zippy! The back seats are extremely roomy, my two large dogs feel comfortable back there. Trunk is big enough to hold a weeks worth of grocheries.

Best $7,000 I ever bought
By whf147 on 04/18/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

As a previous Chevy Sprint owner I would say this is the car of the century. I paid $1,000 more for this vehicle than the 1986 Chevy Sprint I bought. I got 180,000 miles out of that vehicle. I bought this Aveo in Oct of 2004 and I have 46,000 trouble free miles on it.

Aveo
By cc7879 on 04/18/06 01:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the car for one and a half years and have had to have it in the shop twice. Luckily I bought the extended warranty because the timing belt broke a couple of days ago and now I need a new moter.

Very Thrilled
By Dotagnon on 03/29/06 18:04 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have never driven a car that has been so fun to drive as the Aveo. I studied up on it to look for the 'problem' areas before buying. I found them to not be a problem. The engine is a little loud (what the tester's said) for a new car, but is still competitive with all others. Either way, my sound system covers all of that up. I've also never driven something so manueverable as this. It looks tiny from the outside, but inside it fits four large people comfortably. It's incredible and an awesome buy.

A fanastic car!
By JASON on 03/28/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I drive about 110 to 120 miles a day (during the week) so we purchased this vehicle hoping to get a fuel efficient mile buster. In all honesty we thought that it would be a 'throw-away' car that we would not care much about. We were wrong. This little rocket has been fastastic. Very reliable, great fuel economy, incredibly roomy, and a joy to drive. The majority of our miles are highway miles and it rides as smooth as any car I have ever driven. You would be very very surprised, I was!

It is a fun and snappy car
By randydriver on 03/25/06 07:50 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for over a year now and it has been a joy to drive. It has lots of room and it handles very good. Since I have got it broken in the mileage has vastly improved and I am quite happy. My in town mileage started of at about 27mpg and after the break in period it is now 29-31. Highway mileage went from about 35 to 37-40 mpg.