2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
My 2005 AVEO is GREAT!
By John Hunter on 03/08/05 19:26 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very well built auto in all aspects of a compact fuel saver transportation and just plain fun to drive car! I use the car for comuting to and from work on city streets and highway. Interior comfort is more than I expected for the price. The prime reason for this purchase is fuel efficency and that's what I got!

I love my Aveo
By Andrea Mills on 02/05/05 09:48 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the greatest economy car I've ever driven. A lot of room inside, especially backseat! It drives very zippy, can turn it on a dime!

Satisfied
By Kelira on 12/02/04 13:50 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is good for someone looking for a compact, fuel efficient, lower priced vehicle. It costs $29 @ $1.72 per gallon to fill my Buick Century and only $18.00 @ $2.02 per gallon to fill up my Aveo. I love that! It's a cute car. I love the metallic blue color also. The only thing I've noticed is that it doesn't do well in windy conditions at speeds over 65 mph. The car is very unsteady at that time. I love my MP3 player also.

great Car for first car
By GEMINIXX02 on 11/30/04 10:20 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after looking for a couple of weeks at competing dealerships. The price was right and the value has proven well worth it.. If very rarely takes me more than $20 to fill it up and it last for a little over a week including the 40 miles i drive back and forth to work.

car is the pits
By rodney on 11/11/04 09:48 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Can't buy parts in Texas. Too compact . Rough riding.

For the money, you can't beat it
By aveonut on 11/09/04 10:20 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had been living in cities like New York where I didn't need a car, and after moving to a place where I did need one, I couldn't get my head around spending so much money for transportation. So I bought an Aveo, and I am LOVING it. No, it's not the best quality of car out there. But it's 10K. I've put about 4000 miles on it in 6 weeks (I drive A LOT) and it always does well. It does have a strange rattle in the back now, which I think is somehow connected to the muffler (according to my boyfriend) so I'm taking it back to the dealer in a few days to check it out. Great on the highway, great in the city, great fuel efficiency, fun to drive, spacious, big trunk, comfy, etc.

Why I Like
By Aveo Girl on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a small car because of the gas mileage ratings. This car is fun to drive as well.

Think before you buy!
By peznmom on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a peppy little car. The price is right. That's the only positive things about this car. Alternative to a used car???? It like driving a tin can. Cheaply made somewhare in Korea. That should be you first clue not to buy this car. I should have listened to my first instincts. "PASS THIS ONE UP." The placement of the cup holder is dangerous. It can stop the car from going into park when a cup is in right holder. It caused mine to fly out of gear and through a garage door. Feels like it could turn over easily due to high center of gravity. Don't drive it in a wind storm!

Second Car surprise
By dagdthompson on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car as a vehicle for me to drive back and forth to work. However, we have been using it more than our minivan. The trunk is large enough for the bicycle trailer we have for our children, with room to spare, and we have a rack to carry our bicycles on the roof. I would not have been able to carry as much in the '94 Cavalier I used to own as I am able to get in this car. As my wife can't drive a vehicle with manual transmission, that makes this my car. We can even carry on a conversation without having to raise our voices on the interstate doing 70 mph.

Zippy
By Bob Daily on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Wow this car can get away with you if you dont watch out. watch the speedometer. Just have had it 3 weeks and love it. I traded in my 97 Metro for this one. (I also owned a YUGO!) and a Pinto, and an Escort Wagon