Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

I love my Aveo!
By Mills

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for about two years now, it never let me down. I love the way it rides, it's zippy! The back seats are extremely roomy, my two large dogs feel comfortable back there. Trunk is big enough to hold a weeks worth of grocheries.

Favorite Features

I like the MP3 player and of course the fuel economy is great!

Suggested Improvements

None, really.

It is a fun and snappy car
By randydriver

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for over a year now and it has been a joy to drive. It has lots of room and it handles very good. Since I have got it broken in the mileage has vastly improved and I am quite happy. My in town mileage started of at about 27mpg and after the break in period it is now 29-31. Highway mileage went from about 35 to 37-40 mpg.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the mp3 player that came in my car and the adjustable seats.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a better an optional suspension and engine setup.

High Maintenance - Falling Apart
By wave54

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Relatively decent car with roomy interior and smooth ride, but is not holding up well. Have persistent problems, mainly with suspension and engine belts/accessories. I predict very poor reliability as these cars age. I have 57K miles and it feels like a well-worn used car with 200K on the clock. Something is acting up every week -- repairs are expensive since there are virtually no replacement parts such as struts, shocks, mufflers, hoses available for independent garages to work with. Extremely disappointed -- would advise avoiding at all costs if you plan to put 40K or above on it.

Favorite Features

Small size, but roomy in front -- even for a tall driver.

Suggested Improvements

Start over with engine, steering and suspension components and get them right and insure reliability. Train GM dealers so they don't treat customers like poor folks who couldn't afford a Tahoe. Increase warranty to 100K like Hyundai/Kia -- owners will need it.

Stylish, economical vehicle.
By annmarie doyka

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed owning my Aveo for the past year. It runs great, saves on gas and also has a very large trunk and interior room. I have seated 5 adults comfortably.

Favorite Features

Large roomy interior. The position of the hazard lights on the dash, large trunk. The extra turn signal flashers on side of car is a nice saftey feature.

Gonna keep it!
By madrileno

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good. I average 5000 miles a year. Only one safety recall for the seat belt clip. I thought the mileage would be better for a small car but the automatic transmission has held mine back. This is a great car for getting around town and for training my teenager. She will get it one day since based on edmunds value of this car I owe more than it is worth but with no down payment that's OK.

Favorite Features

1. Drivers door only locks with key. No way to lock keys in car. A good thing with a teenager. 2. Peppy engine 3. Small tires really cut through snow and ice 4. Cool auto trany shift pattern 5. big windshield

Suggested Improvements

1. Change the manual for trany fliud...who sells Esso and Total other than Chevrolet 2. Outside molding to prevent dings and scratches 3. more efficient engine. My car in Italy was 1 liter, almost the same power but better mileage...at $2.40 gallon...