Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

I'd buy another one
By M. Boren

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't sure at first if I would like this car. It, however, has turned out to be one of my favorites. Undoubtably got my money's worth for the super low price. Fun to drive. This car can zoom, and handles well in all weather conditions. Amazingly roomy inside and good trunk space. MP3 player is nice. Upkeep is a snap. I have had no problems of any kind. I was hoping for a little better gas mileage - average about 28/30. If you like small cars, this one can make you happy.

This car is not complicated, but is comfortable. All controls inside are well placed. Everything I need to attend to under the hood is easy to reach.

Better gas mileage and cruise control. (The newer ones have cruise now.)

Red Lemon
By kathi z

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Nice to drive, traded Metro in for an Aveo sedan. Has been to dealer six times for warranty repairs with only 34,000 miles on it. Fuel mileage is not great. My Chevy Impala with 3.8 gets as good. Dash hard to read in daylight. The stupid chrome around shifter has sun glare off of it. In cold weather, will not shift into over drive for several miles.

Heats and defrosts well, AC works very well. Good vision out windows, and sits well for driver

Change dash to be more easily seen. Get rid of chrome around shifter, and improve quality

Do not buy
By gtown317

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have only been happy with the mechanical performance of this vehicle. I think It is one of the worst cars to drive on the road today. It is all over the place and It does not get great gas mileage for its size. It is an ugly car also. There is a lot of room in the back seat.

It is mechanically sound.

Its drive needs to be improved.

Best Car I've ever Owned!
By Sharon

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My mechanic recommended this car, and I'm glad I listened to him. Have done nothing but oil/lube in the 2-1/2 years I've owned it. Not one mechanical problem. Very fun to drive, easy maneuvering, good pick up on the passing gear. Like everyone else says, great interior room. Looks small and squished in from the outside, but when you get inside, you feel like you're in a Suburban. My boyfriend is 6'5" with a very long torso; he ususally has to hunch down in a car. He couldn't believe the headroom in the Aveo. It's a zippy little rollerskate and you can park it anywhere. The gas mileage is terrific.

The way it drives and the superior sound system (2 front and 2 rear speakers). Has extra features like a little slot for business cards by the mirror adjustment, sunglass holder above driver side door, and hook for dry cleaning in rear. Doors open very wide.

The seats need better lumbar support. Maybe it's only my back, but I had to buy one for it the first day. Too uncomfortable to drive without it. Also, blind spot in right rear. You really have to look carefully before changing lanes.

Best and safest little car for the money
By Bonnie

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car had it for 2 years never had a problem ever just regular maint. Saturday June 17th 2006 I hit something in the road and lost control of the vehicle. Crashed into telephone poll and fliped over. I am happy to say that all I had was some bruises and even though the car is no more, I can safely say that car saved my life. I am buying another one.

MP3 player, seats, easy in and out for older people. Great on gas. Easy to park. Fun to drive.

They were made already, intermitent whipers and cruise control