2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Wonderful College Car
By Vanni on 12/18/06 16:39 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my car. It is extremely economical. The only downfall is wind noise inside.

CRUNCH
By Bob on 12/05/06 19:39 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a brand new 2004 Aveo in 7/2005 off the dealer lot. Several months later I started hearing popping and creaking in the front suspension area, and it got worse in the months to come. Finally took it in after a year of driving. Here is what happened. Dealer decided it must be the bushings and they replaced them, bad move bushings don't wear out in only months. Anyways, the fix didn't do very much. Turned it back in and they checked their TSB list that indicated to replace control arms. This was on their work order and receipt they gave me. For some reason they Instead decided to only torque control arms. Bad move. Still didnt fix it. Fix number 3 is in process, stay tuned

Suspension Problems TSB noted
By JLW on 11/14/06 17:04 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car; however, in month 2 or 3 creaking and popping started from suspension, and got worse as the months progressed. Finally took it in a year later and they said the bushings on the stabilizer arms were no good. I thought to myself how could bushings go bad in 2-3 months on a brand new car? Took it in, and they replaced them and it made a noticable difference. However creaking and popping is still there and I'm trying to isolate where. I think it's now in the back. Not happy at all with the suspension on this brand new car. It's due to the heavy swing of the car, its height and poor/or improperly selected/or placed suspension components. Going back again for the remaining creaks, stay tuned.

2004 Aveo
By S. Selvage on 11/08/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my little car about 10 months ago. It had 26,000 miles on it. I have 36,000 on it now. My only complaint is the gas mileage. I expected better. It is getting 30 to 33 mpg. It seems sturdy and I enjoy driving it. I have no complaint with the pep. The interior room is excellent and the back seat has more room than my Toyota RAV. There does seem to be a bad blind spot at the front side windshield, and to the rear. I have learned to compensate.

Love My Aveo
By sandy on 08/16/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When my truck got totaled back in 2004, and I was nearing retirement, I looked for an economy vehicle. I saw the Aveo LS Hatchback. Didn't take but a minute to decide that was my choice. I have had countless compliments on it and am so happy with it. I would like to see this make and model continue. Thanks Chevy!!

Best $7,000 I ever bought
By whf147 on 04/18/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

As a previous Chevy Sprint owner I would say this is the car of the century. I paid $1,000 more for this vehicle than the 1986 Chevy Sprint I bought. I got 180,000 miles out of that vehicle. I bought this Aveo in Oct of 2004 and I have 46,000 trouble free miles on it.

Aveo
By cc7879 on 04/18/06 01:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the car for one and a half years and have had to have it in the shop twice. Luckily I bought the extended warranty because the timing belt broke a couple of days ago and now I need a new moter.

Very Thrilled
By Dotagnon on 03/29/06 18:04 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have never driven a car that has been so fun to drive as the Aveo. I studied up on it to look for the 'problem' areas before buying. I found them to not be a problem. The engine is a little loud (what the tester's said) for a new car, but is still competitive with all others. Either way, my sound system covers all of that up. I've also never driven something so manueverable as this. It looks tiny from the outside, but inside it fits four large people comfortably. It's incredible and an awesome buy.

A fanastic car!
By JASON on 03/28/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I drive about 110 to 120 miles a day (during the week) so we purchased this vehicle hoping to get a fuel efficient mile buster. In all honesty we thought that it would be a 'throw-away' car that we would not care much about. We were wrong. This little rocket has been fastastic. Very reliable, great fuel economy, incredibly roomy, and a joy to drive. The majority of our miles are highway miles and it rides as smooth as any car I have ever driven. You would be very very surprised, I was!

Perfect car for couple or 3 people
By ruth wilhite on 02/05/06 14:16 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Most of the car is fine. Generally pleased with the car. It rides good. Holds the road well. Carpet/ seat coverings look cheap but wearing o.k. Had to replace the back seat hinge where it folds to be flat. Routine wiper/ hubcap/heat/air/cond/.. All done with a smile at routine check ups. Recommend this car for a good cheap ride. All of grandkids love it...