2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews 4

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Dissapointed Chevy Fan
By Chris on 06/25/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel Economy significantly lower than advertised. Air conditioning performance declines every season, dealer has noted noise but did not fix. Wore out tires prematurely. Has suspension clunks in front and rear which dealer has noted but never fixed.Now it has a grinding in the front which comes and goes but "could not be reproduced by dealer.Our new car is now more disappointing to drive than the 96 we sold when we bought the Aveo. I have always been a supporter and fan of Chevy. The Aveo and Doug Chevy have changed that. I will never buy a new Chevy again.

Suprisingly Solid and Roomy
By Angela on 06/07/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased this car when my grandma couldn't drive it anymore. It has 12,000 miles on it, and is in like new condition. Having driven only SUV's for a while, I am blown away at how well this little car handles and how much cab space there is for people. Our 2 teens and a 7 year old fit comfortably in back (as comfortable as our last SUV). Our first trip was 750 miles with 4 people (weighing 600 lbs. total) and packed to the hilt with our stuff. We got 34 mpg on the highway. Acceleration is good on the interstate, even on hills. I just took a 16 hour trip in a Toyota Matrix that didn't do so well and didn't handle as good. I'm only getting 22-26 mpg in the city, but I drive fast.

So Far, So Good
By DeBeez on 03/23/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first auto so I was looking for a fuel efficent, easy to drive car. Well, I lucked out with both. This car handles well and parks easily too. I've had only had to replace a rim and tire but that had to do with potholes, not the car. My only issues are that braking distance needed at higher speeds is longer than I expected and when I'm on the expressway and go above 60mph,the car starts to drift.

Thow away car
By notforchevy on 01/27/08 10:25 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased brand new, never drove it hard. Took it on trips, always maintained the vehicle. 70k hits and the crank shaft position sensor goes out and the car won't start. 73k hits, the timing belt broke and now I have to pay $2000 for a new engine. Right when I got it back the transmission went out. Out of control

Leaves you stranded!
By Notworthit on 12/12/07 11:23 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new off the lot for my son. If you want it to last more than 70k, then don't get it. Has left him stranded from work, school, and home 5 times. Crank Shaft sensor at 60k, Radiator problems at 65k, engine blew at 70k, and transmission shifting problems at 71k. Not worth the headache for an "American car" that has parts from Korea. Should have purchased a honda/toyota but unfortunately they didn't offer smaller cars back in 04. Never will I buy an American car again, completely unreliable and of course it all happens after the warrenty runs out. Bought new for $14,200 and have put in $3000 in repairs in the last 3 years! That's not normal!

Lil' Scottish carI
By Walt on 08/18/07 18:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I saw them in Europe and bought one of the first U.S. ones. I rent and drive many cars and always am happy to get back into my Aveo. Drove 800 miles and it was a pleasure. Like any car they must be maintained. Aveo is very easy to service!

WAS a great car!!
By grg011668 on 07/11/07 08:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car. The gas door cable broke for the 3rd time & last time - didn't fix it again. I was the only owner/driver. GREAT gas mileage. I do a lot of traveling & the car was comfortable. On a trip to Houston this week, the timing belt broke. Turns out this is a known issue - covered by recall up to 60k miles. My car had 59335 miles. After the 60k, should it happen again, I'm out of luck. So the car got traded for a Colorado. Lots of other little things have gone wrong with this car, but that's to be expected for a first year model. Otherwise, the travel aspect - comfort & mileage - were wonderful!!

I love my Chevy
By ilovemychevy on 06/26/07 01:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend this car great gas mileage, great for single people, great to go to and from work in.

Do not buy this car!
By Andreana on 04/24/07 08:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not built for our environment. Sure it's good on gas but it's not reliable. I bought my car new, and it's been in the shop 13 times in 2 1/2 years. They have gone into my engine twice to fixe problems, and had to rebuild it. I've had 4 different oil leaks my a/c has been fixed 3 times, my brakes were coming loose and the list goes on. So please if you are reading this do not buy this car! It's a cute car but it's not worth the trouble.

Transmission Issues
By Ben on 04/03/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car drove great for a few years and then the transmission went out. It got a clog in the fluid so when I checked on the fluid it was always full. Also there is no literature on the vehicle, no Chilton guide, no info on the transmition type, nothing.