Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 212 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Unreliable
By elizabeth

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Replaced all 4 door locks, fell inside door twice within 4 years. Seat belts recalled just added cheap plastic to keep from twisting. Part that retracts seat belt fails after a few uses. Safety not Chevrolet's concern. Factory failed to seal gasket. Radio quit after a few months wouldn't turn on, daytime running lights didn't work within first 12 months. Mpg in town I have a car now getting same gas mileage as my aveo. Not reliable at all toward the end had in shop 3 out of 4 days. Front wheel bearing went. This car was babied and fell apart at 40,000 miles. Better have deep pockets. Not an low maintenance car.

color , style

seats uncomfortable, needs to be more reliable. Door locks, door handles, electrical system, quality of parts.Safety seat belts part that retracts,

Do not buy this car.
By Alexz1105

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The problems every Aveo owner is venting on (timing belt) happened to myself as well. I was on my way home after work and all of sudden my car stopped. Turns out the timing belt busted causing me to have to get another used engine since the valves were bent, and the head gasket was blown. Which cost me a total of $2300.00, now after that pricey repair I had to have my fuel module repaired plus, my O2 sensor which costs me another $700. It's heartbreaking because I figured it's a Chevrolet product and they are a reliable brand. But the more I read about this car I find its manufacturer is Daewoo. Who the heck are they? Case in Point don't buy this car get a Toyota, Yaris.

Great on gas before 50,000 miles.

Trade in the car before it hits 50,000 miles.

Low cost commute
By Texas Commuter

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for $9k in 2005 with only 10k miles on it. I have a 20 mile commute, half highway half city. I get around 32 hwy and 30 average. It started missing in year 3 but new plugs fixed the problem. Also a sensor on the brake pedal broke and would not shift into gear. At 80k replaced the timing belt and water pump at the same time. Ran great. At 137k now it needs some engine repairs. Waiting to hear on cost.

Gas mileage. Easy to park. Easy to use controls. Good visibility. Roomier inside than it looks.

Center arm rest. Cruise control. Bigger cupholders for front passenger.

low miles engine blow
By 04aveo

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

No Major problems with this car till now. Just driving along and timing belt broke and blew engine. Quotes from 2800.00 to 3500.00 that's almost half the sticker price which 7750.00. I just paid the thing off not real happy. The more I read about this money pit the more I think I should just get another car

liked the size made parking easy good gas miles

drink holder shouldn't be right above ash tray. should improve visablity issues.

It all started so well...
By tbonme

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car I loved the gas mileage and the way it moved. Then about a year after owning it things started going down hill. First the serpentine belt lost a huge chunk and had to be replaced. Then the AC/heater started to (and still to this day)only come on when it wanted to. Last week the driver door lock fell into the door, and before that the driver window decided to not go down and finally though it has a new battery and all fuses checked out the clock changes time every time you turn the car off.

How roomy the inside is

Better Quality Parts! Just because it is a subcompact does not mean it should have sub-par parts.