Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Sporty and fun, but beware...
By Renea

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a base model. I was very pleased with my "new" car for the first 3 weeks. My first trip my car "clunked out" and was out of service for almost 3 months. The parts were hard to find and it turns out that the Cerpintine belt went out and everything else followed. Come to find out, when you get a new belt on these cars they need to be checked and tightened every 5000 miles. I wish I would have known that before hand. Keep tight wraps on the maintenance and this car serves well. Also, since the work on my car, I can not get the radio to work, and buying a used car, it didn't have the "access code" for the radio. When I call around to get it, they say it'll cost about $100.

Cute style, great gas mileage, sporty and fun!

Don't make "under the hood" parts so hard to find and a "domino" affect. When you have a radio without a tape or cd player, it does not need a security system on it!

So Far, So Good
By DeBeez

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first auto so I was looking for a fuel efficent, easy to drive car. Well, I lucked out with both. This car handles well and parks easily too. I've had only had to replace a rim and tire but that had to do with potholes, not the car. My only issues are that braking distance needed at higher speeds is longer than I expected and when I'm on the expressway and go above 60mph,the car starts to drift.

The car is very peppy as other reviews have indicated and it manuevers well.

Better braking system maybe, and sturdier frame

I love my Chevy
By ilovemychevy

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend this car great gas mileage, great for single people, great to go to and from work in.

Gas mileage

The seats are uncomfortable, little back seat

Transmission Issues
By Ben

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car drove great for a few years and then the transmission went out. It got a clog in the fluid so when I checked on the fluid it was always full. Also there is no literature on the vehicle, no Chilton guide, no info on the transmition type, nothing.

Head room. Comfortable drivers seat.

Better tranny. And we need a Chilton guide or some kind of book on the vehicle.

Little Surprise
By Helen

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car on impulse since I was driving close 100 miles a day for work and wanted a cheap car. It has turned out to be fun, super reliable with great gas mileage. I have other cars but this is the one I drive most. A great every day car great in the city good on the highway. Seats could use more support for long drive only complaint.

Fun to drive, great mileage

Seats need more support