2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
I love my Aveo!
By Mills on 06/09/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for about two years now, it never let me down. I love the way it rides, it's zippy! The back seats are extremely roomy, my two large dogs feel comfortable back there. Trunk is big enough to hold a weeks worth of grocheries.

It is a fun and snappy car
By randydriver on 03/25/06 07:50 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for over a year now and it has been a joy to drive. It has lots of room and it handles very good. Since I have got it broken in the mileage has vastly improved and I am quite happy. My in town mileage started of at about 27mpg and after the break in period it is now 29-31. Highway mileage went from about 35 to 37-40 mpg.

High Maintenance - Falling Apart
By wave54 on 02/20/06 03:48 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Relatively decent car with roomy interior and smooth ride, but is not holding up well. Have persistent problems, mainly with suspension and engine belts/accessories. I predict very poor reliability as these cars age. I have 57K miles and it feels like a well-worn used car with 200K on the clock. Something is acting up every week -- repairs are expensive since there are virtually no replacement parts such as struts, shocks, mufflers, hoses available for independent garages to work with. Extremely disappointed -- would advise avoiding at all costs if you plan to put 40K or above on it.

Stylish, economical vehicle.
By annmarie doyka on 02/11/06 00:21 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed owning my Aveo for the past year. It runs great, saves on gas and also has a very large trunk and interior room. I have seated 5 adults comfortably.

Gonna keep it!
By madrileno on 01/29/06 14:15 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good. I average 5000 miles a year. Only one safety recall for the seat belt clip. I thought the mileage would be better for a small car but the automatic transmission has held mine back. This is a great car for getting around town and for training my teenager. She will get it one day since based on edmunds value of this car I owe more than it is worth but with no down payment that's OK.

The best car I've ever experianced
By Hubert on 01/16/06 12:23 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 Chevy Aveo LS 4 door sedan, is by far the best car I've ever driven and/or owned. I have been abundantly surprised at how reliable, comfortable and durable this car has been. It is small enough to get into tight spots and large enough to carry all things necessary and ride in complete comfort. My husband is a tall man and most small cars he has to slouch in. The Aveo allows him to sit strait up and have all the room he needs, without leaving me (who is a foot and a half shorter) swimming. I highly recommend the Aveo to all I encounter.

2004 aveo
By kevin on 01/12/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car for work. Drive around 65000 per year. Car has been very dependable. Slight problems. Both front wheel bearings have been replaced. Timing belt broke at 60,000. Chevrolet paid for almost all of the work to be done. Get about 30 mpg with car. Wish the mileage was a little better. Overall very satisfied with car and plan to buy another in 2006.

The Review
By Kari W on 01/12/06 15:49 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Aveo LS for about a year in a half now... and I love it. I have only had one problem with it, and that was that the coolent was leaking...I brought it to the dealership that day and haven't had a problem with it since. The car is on the light side tho, so for those windy days you need to really pay attention because you do drift a lot. For the cost of gas, this is a great way to go.

Honest Description
By Matt on 12/29/05 16:46 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car looking for a stick shift compact car that was easy on gas mileage and relatively cheap. I have had two cars before this, a F150 pickup and a Mitsubishi Eclipse. The car is average, but for that price tag, you can't expect a Ferrari. Good gas mileage. Great MP3 player. PROBLEMS: 1)The horn is placed EXTREMELY badly making it impossible to hit in an emergency, particularly if you drive one handed. 2) Sometimes the stick shift jams up for inexplicable reasons; weather also alters stick shifting. 3) Hard wind blows it all over the place, worse than driving a semi. Relatively good on ice, but I'm no expert.

My car
By 4 door sedan on 12/13/05 23:13 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If I were designing a car for myself, this is the kind I would design. And for someone buying a new car on a tight budget (like mine), this car was not only economical to purchase but also it has been economical to operate. As an added bonus, it has an attractive compact appearance with contemporary styling. As a practical 4-door sedan it has adequate interior room for four full-size adults even on extended trips. (The back seat has seatbelts for 3 adults in a pinch, but this arrangement would get snug quickly on a long road trip.) Its 4-speed automatic shift makes for responsive performance when needed but also good on gas mileage if it isn't pushed hard continually.