Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

my aveo-o-o
By lescor

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The small exterior is misleading. This car has lots of head & leg room, my 6'6" son has more room than in our Honda. Even the snall hatch back is deceptive, it is actually pretty roomy. It goes pretty good on the highway, I am just a little nervous to take it out when winds are really strong, as the car is so light. We have been pleasantly surprised!

CD/Stereo system is quite good for a small car

Inside lever to pop open the hatch/trunk

It's still a blast...
By Don Althaus

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 Aveo is an amazing little car. It has all the interior room you could ask for in this class car. It really will carry four normal adult humans in relative comfort. Instruments are well placed and easy to read. The interior layout is extremely well thought out. On the outside, it's small and nimble enough that you can zip through city traffic and find almost anyplace to park. On top of that, it handles the highway with amazingly refined manners. It is relatively quiet even at 75mph. It can move away from a stop light smartly and it gets to highway speed in a reasonable amount of time, but it does need some help in the passing department. With 103hp, it takes some planning to pass.

I opted for the four speed automatic transmission and the AM-FM-CD with MP3 decoder, all of which have worked flawlessly.

The two things I think would improve this package are a bit more power- 20 to 25 extra horsepower would do it- and to narrow up the gears a bit. Third gear in the automatic is a mild overdrive and it would seem that to make this a 1:1 ratio would help it on the highway.

car is the pits
By rodney

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Can't buy parts in Texas. Too compact . Rough riding.

Low mileage

Better planning

For the money, you can't beat it
By aveonut

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had been living in cities like New York where I didn't need a car, and after moving to a place where I did need one, I couldn't get my head around spending so much money for transportation. So I bought an Aveo, and I am LOVING it. No, it's not the best quality of car out there. But it's 10K. I've put about 4000 miles on it in 6 weeks (I drive A LOT) and it always does well. It does have a strange rattle in the back now, which I think is somehow connected to the muffler (according to my boyfriend) so I'm taking it back to the dealer in a few days to check it out. Great on the highway, great in the city, great fuel efficiency, fun to drive, spacious, big trunk, comfy, etc.

Gas mileage (38). LOTS of room. I got 4 adults into it recently and it was fine. Not ideal, but fine nonetheless. My boyfriend has loads of head room and he's tall. I like the fact that I'm actually sitting high up (rather than with my legs straight out in front of me like in some lower cars).

No CD player, but I bought an FM transmitter at Wal Mart for $19. Center console. For the price, though, there really isn't anything else I'd add..

as advertised
By bigporkchop2000

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Surprisingly roomy, my wife and I are both over 6 ft, and we both fit comfortably with both kids in the car also. I'm still waiting to get more than 32 or 33 MPG, although that may not happen as I always have a full car with either my family, or my carpool buddies. Also, I regularly drive elevated freeway speeds (80-90MPH) when en route to my full time job, or am otherwise driving around town at a fast clip as I work as a pizza delivery guy as my second job. Particularly thoughtful touches abound with the sunglasses holder and the I.D. holder. I had an aftermarket body kit installed at the dealership that obviously makes the car look much faster than it really is. Ha Ha!

the most comfortable seats I've ever had in an economy car. also the quietest, smoothest, and most refined economy car I've ever had. very flexible engine

cruise control is a glaring omission, as is a more than a laughable attempt at a center console