2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Sporty and fun, but beware...
By Renea on 10/10/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a base model. I was very pleased with my "new" car for the first 3 weeks. My first trip my car "clunked out" and was out of service for almost 3 months. The parts were hard to find and it turns out that the Cerpintine belt went out and everything else followed. Come to find out, when you get a new belt on these cars they need to be checked and tightened every 5000 miles. I wish I would have known that before hand. Keep tight wraps on the maintenance and this car serves well. Also, since the work on my car, I can not get the radio to work, and buying a used car, it didn't have the "access code" for the radio. When I call around to get it, they say it'll cost about $100.

So Far, So Good
By DeBeez on 03/23/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first auto so I was looking for a fuel efficent, easy to drive car. Well, I lucked out with both. This car handles well and parks easily too. I've had only had to replace a rim and tire but that had to do with potholes, not the car. My only issues are that braking distance needed at higher speeds is longer than I expected and when I'm on the expressway and go above 60mph,the car starts to drift.

I love my Chevy
By ilovemychevy on 06/26/07 01:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend this car great gas mileage, great for single people, great to go to and from work in.

Transmission Issues
By Ben on 04/03/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car drove great for a few years and then the transmission went out. It got a clog in the fluid so when I checked on the fluid it was always full. Also there is no literature on the vehicle, no Chilton guide, no info on the transmition type, nothing.

Little Surprise
By Helen on 02/11/07 10:52 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car on impulse since I was driving close 100 miles a day for work and wanted a cheap car. It has turned out to be fun, super reliable with great gas mileage. I have other cars but this is the one I drive most. A great every day car great in the city good on the highway. Seats could use more support for long drive only complaint.

I'd buy another one
By M. Boren on 09/23/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't sure at first if I would like this car. It, however, has turned out to be one of my favorites. Undoubtably got my money's worth for the super low price. Fun to drive. This car can zoom, and handles well in all weather conditions. Amazingly roomy inside and good trunk space. MP3 player is nice. Upkeep is a snap. I have had no problems of any kind. I was hoping for a little better gas mileage - average about 28/30. If you like small cars, this one can make you happy.

Red Lemon
By kathi z on 09/10/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Nice to drive, traded Metro in for an Aveo sedan. Has been to dealer six times for warranty repairs with only 34,000 miles on it. Fuel mileage is not great. My Chevy Impala with 3.8 gets as good. Dash hard to read in daylight. The stupid chrome around shifter has sun glare off of it. In cold weather, will not shift into over drive for several miles.

Do not buy
By gtown317 on 09/02/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have only been happy with the mechanical performance of this vehicle. I think It is one of the worst cars to drive on the road today. It is all over the place and It does not get great gas mileage for its size. It is an ugly car also. There is a lot of room in the back seat.

Best Car I've ever Owned!
By Sharon on 08/26/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My mechanic recommended this car, and I'm glad I listened to him. Have done nothing but oil/lube in the 2-1/2 years I've owned it. Not one mechanical problem. Very fun to drive, easy maneuvering, good pick up on the passing gear. Like everyone else says, great interior room. Looks small and squished in from the outside, but when you get inside, you feel like you're in a Suburban. My boyfriend is 6'5" with a very long torso; he ususally has to hunch down in a car. He couldn't believe the headroom in the Aveo. It's a zippy little rollerskate and you can park it anywhere. The gas mileage is terrific.

Best and safest little car for the money
By Bonnie on 07/05/06 21:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car had it for 2 years never had a problem ever just regular maint. Saturday June 17th 2006 I hit something in the road and lost control of the vehicle. Crashed into telephone poll and fliped over. I am happy to say that all I had was some bruises and even though the car is no more, I can safely say that car saved my life. I am buying another one.