Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

I love my car!
By liz

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the car the moment I saw it. After looking at the ticket price is was even more happy! After the test drive I knew this is my car! I got my car fully equiped for around $14,500 and i could not have picked a better car for myself! Roomy, comfortable, safe, easy to control and nice sound system! I do like the "chirp" on the anti theft system. It is a great first car!

Favorite Features

Sound system, space, comfort. Easy control. Cute interior and exterior!

Suggested Improvements

Horsepower & trunk space

Poor Man's Mini
By arlcova

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The hatchback is a great, practical, "city car" because of its ability to squeeze into tiny parking spaces, good gas mileage, good manueverability, and small turning radius. I am 6'4" and fit very comfortably (a major reason I purchased). Lots of cargo space too, when seats are folded down, and surprisingly roomy back seats. It's designed for people on a budget--it's not sexy, nor does it have the "fun" feel and amenities of sportier models. On the other hand, it's reliable basic transportation that meets or exceeds all of my expectations for a car in its class. With GM card rebate and other incentives I got mine for around $7K. Can't beat that!

Favorite Features

Head and leg room, short length for ease of parking, small turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing major: Change odd front driver door configuration so that key is not required to lock; Include a CD "fast forward" function for the stock CD/MP3 player.

Satisfied
By Kelira

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is good for someone looking for a compact, fuel efficient, lower priced vehicle. It costs $29 @ $1.72 per gallon to fill my Buick Century and only $18.00 @ $2.02 per gallon to fill up my Aveo. I love that! It's a cute car. I love the metallic blue color also. The only thing I've noticed is that it doesn't do well in windy conditions at speeds over 65 mph. The car is very unsteady at that time. I love my MP3 player also.

Favorite Features

My favorite items are the MP3 player, gas mileage, price range, and sunglass case.

Suggested Improvements

The wheels are noticeably small. They look odd. The front cup holder could be in a better place. The stereo speakers are also pretty weak. However, overall, I am pleased with my purchase.

great Car for first car
By GEMINIXX02

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after looking for a couple of weeks at competing dealerships. The price was right and the value has proven well worth it.. If very rarely takes me more than $20 to fill it up and it last for a little over a week including the 40 miles i drive back and forth to work.

my aveo-o-o
By lescor

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The small exterior is misleading. This car has lots of head & leg room, my 6'6" son has more room than in our Honda. Even the snall hatch back is deceptive, it is actually pretty roomy. It goes pretty good on the highway, I am just a little nervous to take it out when winds are really strong, as the car is so light. We have been pleasantly surprised!

Favorite Features

CD/Stereo system is quite good for a small car

Suggested Improvements

Inside lever to pop open the hatch/trunk