Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

my aveo-o-o
By lescor

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The small exterior is misleading. This car has lots of head & leg room, my 6'6" son has more room than in our Honda. Even the snall hatch back is deceptive, it is actually pretty roomy. It goes pretty good on the highway, I am just a little nervous to take it out when winds are really strong, as the car is so light. We have been pleasantly surprised!

Favorite Features

CD/Stereo system is quite good for a small car

Suggested Improvements

Inside lever to pop open the hatch/trunk

my aveo-o-o
By lescor

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Favorite Features

CD/Stereo system is quite good for a small car

Suggested Improvements

Inside lever to pop open the hatch/trunk

It's still a blast...
By Don Althaus

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 Aveo is an amazing little car. It has all the interior room you could ask for in this class car. It really will carry four normal adult humans in relative comfort. Instruments are well placed and easy to read. The interior layout is extremely well thought out. On the outside, it's small and nimble enough that you can zip through city traffic and find almost anyplace to park. On top of that, it handles the highway with amazingly refined manners. It is relatively quiet even at 75mph. It can move away from a stop light smartly and it gets to highway speed in a reasonable amount of time, but it does need some help in the passing department. With 103hp, it takes some planning to pass.

Favorite Features

I opted for the four speed automatic transmission and the AM-FM-CD with MP3 decoder, all of which have worked flawlessly.

Suggested Improvements

The two things I think would improve this package are a bit more power- 20 to 25 extra horsepower would do it- and to narrow up the gears a bit. Third gear in the automatic is a mild overdrive and it would seem that to make this a 1:1 ratio would help it on the highway.

as advertised
By bigporkchop2000

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Surprisingly roomy, my wife and I are both over 6 ft, and we both fit comfortably with both kids in the car also. I'm still waiting to get more than 32 or 33 MPG, although that may not happen as I always have a full car with either my family, or my carpool buddies. Also, I regularly drive elevated freeway speeds (80-90MPH) when en route to my full time job, or am otherwise driving around town at a fast clip as I work as a pizza delivery guy as my second job. Particularly thoughtful touches abound with the sunglasses holder and the I.D. holder. I had an aftermarket body kit installed at the dealership that obviously makes the car look much faster than it really is. Ha Ha!

Favorite Features

the most comfortable seats I've ever had in an economy car. also the quietest, smoothest, and most refined economy car I've ever had. very flexible engine

Suggested Improvements

cruise control is a glaring omission, as is a more than a laughable attempt at a center console

My Ladybug
By lincon

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Cute car, great handling, fun to drive! Super price - mine is hatchback, red color which reminds me of a ladybug. Haven't had it long (one week)but am planning on a 600 mile trip soon so I will reevaluate how it performs after that. There is quite a bit of plastic in the interior but that's part of the cheaper price of the car-it is pleasing to the eye. Can't evaluate gas economy since I haven't filled it up yet.

Favorite Features

I like the body styling and the cute little spoiler on the hatchback. Also appreciate the DRLights.

Suggested Improvements

Need a center console and more compartments for articles.