Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

things wrong
By bummer

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

within the first month the heater motor went out, then would not heat, back in the shop again. then 2 months straight of taking it back in to have the tires balanced. first 4 months i owned this car, it was in the shop once a month. now it is back in again to have a marker light replaced when a clip broke (car not being hit or anything.) also to have the back seat fixed. it was put down and up, when it was put back down, it came out of alignment and would not latch on one side. new seat bracket having to be ordered.

more comfortable seats. more options for the standard model.( cd player or tape player) that do not increase price. along with cruise control.

cheap ugly car
By alastor421

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is an eyesore i bought it thinking it would be great on gas its not the ride is boring its cheaply made you can get something better in the same price range.The performance is lacking in all aspects of this car.

lets see um...yeah there arent any

improvments in power would be nice.making it alot less ugly in and out would be nice also.

Commuter? This is your Car!
By Aveothustic

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A solid good looking "Puddle jumper". I commute 105 Km.(65 mi.) per day. Have read complaiants about it being slow and unable to keep up on the highway. Not true! Does well on our expressways. A sustained 120KPH.(75 MPH) is no problem, and I still have pedal left. I have had other "small cars"...no competition. The load capacity with seats in HB forward is impressive. Passenger room in the rear is amazing. I love GM products, and although it is an import, it still carries the Chevy "Bow Tie", and merits the GM service. Good enough for me, and the gas mileage at today's prices...great!

Driver and passenger space for tall persons. Great automatic transmission. I like the gated shifter. General style and appearance.

Cruise control would be a great addition, and save even more fuel on longer trips.

I love my car!
By liz

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the car the moment I saw it. After looking at the ticket price is was even more happy! After the test drive I knew this is my car! I got my car fully equiped for around $14,500 and i could not have picked a better car for myself! Roomy, comfortable, safe, easy to control and nice sound system! I do like the "chirp" on the anti theft system. It is a great first car!

Sound system, space, comfort. Easy control. Cute interior and exterior!

Horsepower & trunk space

Poor Man's Mini
By arlcova

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The hatchback is a great, practical, "city car" because of its ability to squeeze into tiny parking spaces, good gas mileage, good manueverability, and small turning radius. I am 6'4" and fit very comfortably (a major reason I purchased). Lots of cargo space too, when seats are folded down, and surprisingly roomy back seats. It's designed for people on a budget--it's not sexy, nor does it have the "fun" feel and amenities of sportier models. On the other hand, it's reliable basic transportation that meets or exceeds all of my expectations for a car in its class. With GM card rebate and other incentives I got mine for around $7K. Can't beat that!

Head and leg room, short length for ease of parking, small turning radius.

Nothing major: Change odd front driver door configuration so that key is not required to lock; Include a CD "fast forward" function for the stock CD/MP3 player.