2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Aveo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Sort Reviews by

143K and counting
By brennick

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know what all the bad press is on this car. I bought mine new in June of 2004 and have been totally pleased with it. It handles well, is quite peppy when I'm by myself, and has incredible room both inside (amazing head room) and in the trunk. I get 27-28 mpg in town and have gone over 40 on the highway 40 when I'm solo. With the 5 speed tranny it is a blast to drive in the mountains of Oregon and Idaho. I put a hitch on mine and can comfortably pull a small boat and still get in the low 30's for gas mileage. The only thing I've done is replace the timing belt as routine maintenance and the water pump as my mechanic noticed it was starting to leak just a bit. I love this little car!

Favorite Features

It's a great little car for the money. The 5 speed makes the 1.6 motor perky. Nice stereo with the MP3 player. I like the look of the sedan; the hatchback is ugly. Roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

No arm rest for the driver (that was fixed in later years). And only one cup holder in back. But it is a small car. Intermittent wipers only have one setting.The worst thing is that there is very poor lighting in the back seat.

Do not buy this car.
By Alexz1105

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The problems every Aveo owner is venting on (timing belt) happened to myself as well. I was on my way home after work and all of sudden my car stopped. Turns out the timing belt busted causing me to have to get another used engine since the valves were bent, and the head gasket was blown. Which cost me a total of $2300.00, now after that pricey repair I had to have my fuel module repaired plus, my O2 sensor which costs me another $700. It's heartbreaking because I figured it's a Chevrolet product and they are a reliable brand. But the more I read about this car I find its manufacturer is Daewoo. Who the heck are they? Case in Point don't buy this car get a Toyota, Yaris.

Favorite Features

Great on gas before 50,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Trade in the car before it hits 50,000 miles.

Very pleased with my Aveo
By Tom

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased with my Aveo, on average I get about 29-30 miles per gallon in town and when I'm on the open road I've averaged as high as 36- 37 miles per gallon. recently a dealer offered me well over the bluebook value for my aveo because they were looking to boost their inventory of smaller cars, but why should I get something new when I get the mileage that I do. Really have not had to put a great deal of money into it, just the basic and recommended things. Overall I can only say good things about my Aveo and that I won't be getting anything new soon, because the newer cars don't even get the miles per gallon my car does now.

Favorite Features

Like dashboard it seems to be well thought out, at least in my mind. Also, it can hold its own accelerating onto freeways and highways.

Suggested Improvements

As in any small car the tires seem to wear out fairy quickly and the Aveo is no different at least in my opinion. Could use a louder and more powerful sounding horn, to get the attention of the big boys on the road and little more headroom as I hit my head exiting the car from time to time.

I love my Chevy
By ilovemychevy

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend this car great gas mileage, great for single people, great to go to and from work in.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

The seats are uncomfortable, little back seat

I'd buy another one
By M. Boren

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't sure at first if I would like this car. It, however, has turned out to be one of my favorites. Undoubtably got my money's worth for the super low price. Fun to drive. This car can zoom, and handles well in all weather conditions. Amazingly roomy inside and good trunk space. MP3 player is nice. Upkeep is a snap. I have had no problems of any kind. I was hoping for a little better gas mileage - average about 28/30. If you like small cars, this one can make you happy.

Favorite Features

This car is not complicated, but is comfortable. All controls inside are well placed. Everything I need to attend to under the hood is easy to reach.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and cruise control. (The newer ones have cruise now.)

Red Lemon
By kathi z

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Nice to drive, traded Metro in for an Aveo sedan. Has been to dealer six times for warranty repairs with only 34,000 miles on it. Fuel mileage is not great. My Chevy Impala with 3.8 gets as good. Dash hard to read in daylight. The stupid chrome around shifter has sun glare off of it. In cold weather, will not shift into over drive for several miles.

Favorite Features

Heats and defrosts well, AC works very well. Good vision out windows, and sits well for driver

Suggested Improvements

Change dash to be more easily seen. Get rid of chrome around shifter, and improve quality

Do not buy
By gtown317

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have only been happy with the mechanical performance of this vehicle. I think It is one of the worst cars to drive on the road today. It is all over the place and It does not get great gas mileage for its size. It is an ugly car also. There is a lot of room in the back seat.

Favorite Features

It is mechanically sound.

Suggested Improvements

Its drive needs to be improved.

Best and safest little car for the money
By Bonnie

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car had it for 2 years never had a problem ever just regular maint. Saturday June 17th 2006 I hit something in the road and lost control of the vehicle. Crashed into telephone poll and fliped over. I am happy to say that all I had was some bruises and even though the car is no more, I can safely say that car saved my life. I am buying another one.

Favorite Features

MP3 player, seats, easy in and out for older people. Great on gas. Easy to park. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

They were made already, intermitent whipers and cruise control

I love my Aveo!
By Mills

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for about two years now, it never let me down. I love the way it rides, it's zippy! The back seats are extremely roomy, my two large dogs feel comfortable back there. Trunk is big enough to hold a weeks worth of grocheries.

Favorite Features

I like the MP3 player and of course the fuel economy is great!

Suggested Improvements

None, really.

Stylish, economical vehicle.
By annmarie doyka

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed owning my Aveo for the past year. It runs great, saves on gas and also has a very large trunk and interior room. I have seated 5 adults comfortably.

Favorite Features

Large roomy interior. The position of the hazard lights on the dash, large trunk. The extra turn signal flashers on side of car is a nice saftey feature.