Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Best Car I've ever Owned!
By Sharon

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My mechanic recommended this car, and I'm glad I listened to him. Have done nothing but oil/lube in the 2-1/2 years I've owned it. Not one mechanical problem. Very fun to drive, easy maneuvering, good pick up on the passing gear. Like everyone else says, great interior room. Looks small and squished in from the outside, but when you get inside, you feel like you're in a Suburban. My boyfriend is 6'5" with a very long torso; he ususally has to hunch down in a car. He couldn't believe the headroom in the Aveo. It's a zippy little rollerskate and you can park it anywhere. The gas mileage is terrific.

The way it drives and the superior sound system (2 front and 2 rear speakers). Has extra features like a little slot for business cards by the mirror adjustment, sunglass holder above driver side door, and hook for dry cleaning in rear. Doors open very wide.

The seats need better lumbar support. Maybe it's only my back, but I had to buy one for it the first day. Too uncomfortable to drive without it. Also, blind spot in right rear. You really have to look carefully before changing lanes.

2004 aveo
By kevin

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car for work. Drive around 65000 per year. Car has been very dependable. Slight problems. Both front wheel bearings have been replaced. Timing belt broke at 60,000. Chevrolet paid for almost all of the work to be done. Get about 30 mpg with car. Wish the mileage was a little better. Overall very satisfied with car and plan to buy another in 2006.

Car is very fun to drive.

Excellent for the price.
By tronno22556

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I paid $7999.02 with taxes, tags, etc a year ago, brand new. Excellent price. I needed a car, and cheap at that. I'm not unhappy with the car or the purchase at all. I put about 17,000 on it delivering pizzas and it performed wonderfully. It's very reliable. Nothing gave out yet, except for the tires. It ate the factory tires bare. New tires had to go on at 21,000 miles. It averaged about 28 MPG delivering pizza, and about 30 to 33 during "normal" driving. The trunk is huge. Easy enough to do my own oil changes and tire rotations. The only mechanic work I've had to hire out is installing the tires on the old rims.

Price. The big plus here is the price. Daytime running lights.

Cheap-o tires from the factory. Awful. Wore them bald at 21,000 miles. Tough to shift at first, especially into reverse. It seems to have broken in after 15,000 miles though. Kind of ugly. Looks like a Toyota Echo / Geo Metro cross.

Great Economy Car
By Dustin

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great car for someone who does lots of driving. I have already put about 17,000 miles on mine in 6 months time with no problems, just general service checks. The driver's conditions could be better. It took a while to get used to foot placement for best comfort. The trunk is extra roomy, as is the interior. I bought the bottom line model for a little over $6000, great buy! My only small complaint is my max MPG has been 35, and that was in excellent conditions. Average is more like 31- 33.

Price, gas mileage, still roomy

Comfort for the driver in dash placement. Taller guys have knees in the dash until you get used to it.

For the money, you can't beat it
By aveonut

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had been living in cities like New York where I didn't need a car, and after moving to a place where I did need one, I couldn't get my head around spending so much money for transportation. So I bought an Aveo, and I am LOVING it. No, it's not the best quality of car out there. But it's 10K. I've put about 4000 miles on it in 6 weeks (I drive A LOT) and it always does well. It does have a strange rattle in the back now, which I think is somehow connected to the muffler (according to my boyfriend) so I'm taking it back to the dealer in a few days to check it out. Great on the highway, great in the city, great fuel efficiency, fun to drive, spacious, big trunk, comfy, etc.

Gas mileage (38). LOTS of room. I got 4 adults into it recently and it was fine. Not ideal, but fine nonetheless. My boyfriend has loads of head room and he's tall. I like the fact that I'm actually sitting high up (rather than with my legs straight out in front of me like in some lower cars).

No CD player, but I bought an FM transmitter at Wal Mart for $19. Center console. For the price, though, there really isn't anything else I'd add..