2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
143K and counting
By brennick on 06/28/12 17:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know what all the bad press is on this car. I bought mine new in June of 2004 and have been totally pleased with it. It handles well, is quite peppy when I'm by myself, and has incredible room both inside (amazing head room) and in the trunk. I get 27-28 mpg in town and have gone over 40 on the highway 40 when I'm solo. With the 5 speed tranny it is a blast to drive in the mountains of Oregon and Idaho. I put a hitch on mine and can comfortably pull a small boat and still get in the low 30's for gas mileage. The only thing I've done is replace the timing belt as routine maintenance and the water pump as my mechanic noticed it was starting to leak just a bit. I love this little car!

Do not buy this car.
By Alexz1105 on 04/09/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The problems every Aveo owner is venting on (timing belt) happened to myself as well. I was on my way home after work and all of sudden my car stopped. Turns out the timing belt busted causing me to have to get another used engine since the valves were bent, and the head gasket was blown. Which cost me a total of $2300.00, now after that pricey repair I had to have my fuel module repaired plus, my O2 sensor which costs me another $700. It's heartbreaking because I figured it's a Chevrolet product and they are a reliable brand. But the more I read about this car I find its manufacturer is Daewoo. Who the heck are they? Case in Point don't buy this car get a Toyota, Yaris.

Very pleased with my Aveo
By Tom on 11/06/08 03:02 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased with my Aveo, on average I get about 29-30 miles per gallon in town and when I'm on the open road I've averaged as high as 36- 37 miles per gallon. recently a dealer offered me well over the bluebook value for my aveo because they were looking to boost their inventory of smaller cars, but why should I get something new when I get the mileage that I do. Really have not had to put a great deal of money into it, just the basic and recommended things. Overall I can only say good things about my Aveo and that I won't be getting anything new soon, because the newer cars don't even get the miles per gallon my car does now.

I love my Chevy
By ilovemychevy on 06/26/07 01:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend this car great gas mileage, great for single people, great to go to and from work in.

I'd buy another one
By M. Boren on 09/23/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't sure at first if I would like this car. It, however, has turned out to be one of my favorites. Undoubtably got my money's worth for the super low price. Fun to drive. This car can zoom, and handles well in all weather conditions. Amazingly roomy inside and good trunk space. MP3 player is nice. Upkeep is a snap. I have had no problems of any kind. I was hoping for a little better gas mileage - average about 28/30. If you like small cars, this one can make you happy.

Red Lemon
By kathi z on 09/10/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Nice to drive, traded Metro in for an Aveo sedan. Has been to dealer six times for warranty repairs with only 34,000 miles on it. Fuel mileage is not great. My Chevy Impala with 3.8 gets as good. Dash hard to read in daylight. The stupid chrome around shifter has sun glare off of it. In cold weather, will not shift into over drive for several miles.

Do not buy
By gtown317 on 09/02/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have only been happy with the mechanical performance of this vehicle. I think It is one of the worst cars to drive on the road today. It is all over the place and It does not get great gas mileage for its size. It is an ugly car also. There is a lot of room in the back seat.

Best and safest little car for the money
By Bonnie on 07/05/06 21:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car had it for 2 years never had a problem ever just regular maint. Saturday June 17th 2006 I hit something in the road and lost control of the vehicle. Crashed into telephone poll and fliped over. I am happy to say that all I had was some bruises and even though the car is no more, I can safely say that car saved my life. I am buying another one.

I love my Aveo!
By Mills on 06/09/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving this car for about two years now, it never let me down. I love the way it rides, it's zippy! The back seats are extremely roomy, my two large dogs feel comfortable back there. Trunk is big enough to hold a weeks worth of grocheries.

Stylish, economical vehicle.
By annmarie doyka on 02/11/06 00:21 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed owning my Aveo for the past year. It runs great, saves on gas and also has a very large trunk and interior room. I have seated 5 adults comfortably.

1 2 3 4 5 next »