2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Best Car I've ever Owned!
By Sharon on 08/26/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My mechanic recommended this car, and I'm glad I listened to him. Have done nothing but oil/lube in the 2-1/2 years I've owned it. Not one mechanical problem. Very fun to drive, easy maneuvering, good pick up on the passing gear. Like everyone else says, great interior room. Looks small and squished in from the outside, but when you get inside, you feel like you're in a Suburban. My boyfriend is 6'5" with a very long torso; he ususally has to hunch down in a car. He couldn't believe the headroom in the Aveo. It's a zippy little rollerskate and you can park it anywhere. The gas mileage is terrific.

2004 aveo
By kevin on 01/12/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car for work. Drive around 65000 per year. Car has been very dependable. Slight problems. Both front wheel bearings have been replaced. Timing belt broke at 60,000. Chevrolet paid for almost all of the work to be done. Get about 30 mpg with car. Wish the mileage was a little better. Overall very satisfied with car and plan to buy another in 2006.

Excellent for the price.
By tronno22556 on 10/19/05 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I paid $7999.02 with taxes, tags, etc a year ago, brand new. Excellent price. I needed a car, and cheap at that. I'm not unhappy with the car or the purchase at all. I put about 17,000 on it delivering pizzas and it performed wonderfully. It's very reliable. Nothing gave out yet, except for the tires. It ate the factory tires bare. New tires had to go on at 21,000 miles. It averaged about 28 MPG delivering pizza, and about 30 to 33 during "normal" driving. The trunk is huge. Easy enough to do my own oil changes and tire rotations. The only mechanic work I've had to hire out is installing the tires on the old rims.

Great Economy Car
By Dustin on 04/19/05 11:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great car for someone who does lots of driving. I have already put about 17,000 miles on mine in 6 months time with no problems, just general service checks. The driver's conditions could be better. It took a while to get used to foot placement for best comfort. The trunk is extra roomy, as is the interior. I bought the bottom line model for a little over $6000, great buy! My only small complaint is my max MPG has been 35, and that was in excellent conditions. Average is more like 31- 33.

For the money, you can't beat it
By aveonut on 11/09/04 10:20 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had been living in cities like New York where I didn't need a car, and after moving to a place where I did need one, I couldn't get my head around spending so much money for transportation. So I bought an Aveo, and I am LOVING it. No, it's not the best quality of car out there. But it's 10K. I've put about 4000 miles on it in 6 weeks (I drive A LOT) and it always does well. It does have a strange rattle in the back now, which I think is somehow connected to the muffler (according to my boyfriend) so I'm taking it back to the dealer in a few days to check it out. Great on the highway, great in the city, great fuel efficiency, fun to drive, spacious, big trunk, comfy, etc.

Wonderful car
By Animal70X7 on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do not understand how people get such low gas mileage. Mine keeps on going up. It started as 34 MPG on my first tank for city/country driving. It is now 36 to 37 city/country and 41 highway. I have over 6000 miles on mine now and have been thrilled with this car. My friend purchased and Echo and she gets lower gas mileage and has had her car in the shop 3 times in 4 months. I would recommend an Aveo to any one. I am near 50 and think this is the a car I will own for many years.

For 9 Grand, What the Heck? (Plus 33 MPG
By Sausalitodougie on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when it first came out in March. I thought I wanted a hatchback but I bought a black sedan (with trunk) and everyone thinks it's a Toyota Echo. I went to Pep Boys and bought some gunmetal gray eight spoke alloy wheels that nearly match the black metallic exterior color for $50 each. I bought a slightly wider premium set of tires from Costco to improve the ride and handling for about $400. (Michelin MXV4 Energy Green) It has good headroom for people up to about 6'6" and a decent back seat. Build quality not bad so far with few complaints to date. If it had power windows and cruise control I would be very happy.

Excellent Reasonably Priced Car!
By flashback4 on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car, I needed a new commuter car that got good gas milage and at under $10,000 I couldn't find a better car. The overall fit and finish is exceptionally good, especially for a cheaply priced car. I drive 60 miles round trip a day and have been averaging 34 to 35 miles to the gallon. Considering the price of some of the new hybrids, it would take years to make up the difference in gas savings. I think Chevy did a great job in designing and building the Aveo, I would recommend it to anyone looking for good car, reasonably priced, that gets decent gas mileage.

Great Car, Excellent Value!
By callenwv on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, if you're looking for a lot of car for a little money, then the 2004 Chevrolet Aveo SVM is for you! Definitely the most car for the money. Sporty, economical and COMFORTABLE!!!

Cute Little Commuter
By Expymom on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Surprising amount of space up front and in trunk. Fun little car to wrack the miles up on and not feel bad about it. This little guy is sacrificing to save a new Tacoma Double Cab.