Used 2012 Chevrolet Avalanche LT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

My 2012 Avalanche Purchase
By John

2012 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my forth Avalanche. the first one i ordered after seeing her at an Auto Show here in Atlanta. traded her for a 2003 Orange one and traded her for a black Z66 that i keep for 11 plus years. I put over 305000 mile on her and loved every moment but i was due for an upgrade. So i looked at a number of different types of vehicles. I even test drove a Tesla which i loved but could not afford and was not suited for my type of driving. I found my 2012 at the Dealer (Day's Chevrolet) where I purchased all of my other Avalanches. She belonged to the Finance manager with 45000 miles on her. I knew it was well maintained and looked as if she was brand new. This 2012 is the best of all the Avalanches I've owned. Ride, transmission, fit and finish all better.
Hope this helps, I'm very disappointed the Chevy stopped production, is was not done because people did not love the Truck it was Government .

Love this thing!
By majorv

2012 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've never spent more than $18k for a new car so this was a real splurge for me, but I am totally in love this my 2012 Avalanche!
We raise and show rabbits and I got it to take our rabbits and equipment to the shows.
It has not disappointed me.
It's easy to drop the back seat and midgate and I have LOTS of room to put rabbit cages, grooming table, etc..., and the best part is that I can keep the rabbits cool or warm, as needed, because the bed cover keeps the elements out.
The ride is very nice, not at all like a truck.
The only thing I'm on the fence about is the AFM (active fuel management) system.
If I have to press on the gas there tends to be a slight lag before it accelerates. Update 2016 - still love my Avy! Gas mileage has gone down a little and I wish the A/C blew a little stronger but overall I'd buy it again if Icoukd.