Used 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Rear Panels Leaking
By psmith179

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my new 2010 avalanche after trading in my 2007 avalnache. The only problem i have with this truck is, it leaks water on ther rear while the panels are on. They have replaced them already and I'm waiting on them to replace them again. Is anyone else having this problem?

Great Truck!
By cadeleon

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced a Truck after it was in an accident. Wow, this a great truck. Very comfortable and roomy. Build quality is very very good and have no complaints. Compared initially with the Silverado but the ride in the A/V won as over. If you are looking for a truck but don't use it as a day to day truck, this is the one I would recommend. It can do everything a truck can do and more.

Favorite Features

Ride- very compliant and quiet. Bose audio system. XM Radio. Convenience of OnStar. Rear View Camera very helpful. Overall Looks!

Suggested Improvements

None

2010 av
By ford to chev

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought this av only had it a couple of weeks now so far so good. I will say I traded in a ford F-150 king ranch with a 5.4 the ford got better mileage and lots more power than my av and the nav system in the ford is far superior to Chevy system. But the reason I traded was because the Chevy has a wonderful ride and drive and the ford is very uncomfortable on long hauls and I do a lot of driving. All together I am satisfied with my purchase and really like the Chevy so far even though i only have 1800 miles on it.

Favorite Features

seats dd style.

Suggested Improvements

Better nav system to include Sirius travel link.

Great Truck
By swell man

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I should start out by stating that this is my 2nd Av. My primary gripe about the 2003 Av was cosmetic. The interior didn’t look much better than a mid- level work truck, and most models at that time had the side cladding on the lower door panels and fenders. Fast forward 7 years and you see huge improvements in such areas as engine refinement, standard features, and styling/appearance. I own the top LTZ model and couldn’t be happier. It’s not cheap, but it really is packed with features. The interior is very well designed and looks sharp. The engine is very smooth and quiet, acceleration is strong. Seats 5 comfortably

Favorite Features

Blue tooth and ipod connect jack. Parking assist, backup camera, and power fold in mirrors. Manual mode transmission that allows gear selection by pushing a button on the shift lever. Versatility of midgate system.

Suggested Improvements

Don’t like the auto door lock feature. Front legroom is seriously compromised when back seat is folder down flat. No entry handle on the driver side A pillar. The “tread pattern” of the rubber bed liner makes almost any kind of cleaning harder than it should be

Just bought and lovin' it
By Happy-Go-Lucky

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had the Avalanche for about 2 weeks now and I am enjoying the truck thoroughly. Ride is quiet and refined, especially compared to the pick-up it replaced. Acceleration was a pleasant surprise. Despite it's size, I've had no problem maneuvering the vehicle in tight places so far. I do feel the back up camera is mandatory, as I find it essential when going in reverse. Fuel economy is what I expected, but still is actually slightly improved over my smaller former vehicle which I attribute to the 8/4 cyl highway cruise feature, and the ability to run in 2WD except when on-demand 4WD is needed. In short, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship! :-D

Favorite Features

I really like the lockable rear fender storage compartments on both sides of the bed. Very handy out-of-the-way stowage.

Suggested Improvements

If GM engineers could figure out a way to make the midgate follow the 60/40 split of the rear seats that would add to the versatility of the vehicle - so that you could cart long items on one side and still have room for 1 passenger in the back. Would like to see mid-bed tie-downs added.