My Avalanche
By Robert Deevey on
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I owned an 04 avalanche, and found it to be the most useful vehicle I had ever owned. Took advantage of the GM situation and purchased an 09. Moving from a larger metro area to the country setting I have found that the avalanche has proven to be useful not only as a full size truck hauling materials, and its comfort can not be matched. With almost 100K mile on the 04, I never experienced any problems with the vehicle. I expect the same for the 09. The vehicle has a first-class appearance, which adds to the fun of driving it. My friends like when we use the Avalanche for long trips, because of its comfort.
Favorite Features
I was happy to get the XM radio, as it adds greatly to driving. Also the movable pedals have made the seat adjustments easier. This truck is solid. This vehicle not only sports a number of safety features, you feel more safe in it. The truck is just fun to drive. Not fast, but fun
Suggested Improvements
The navigation system stinks. I hate to admit that because it cost so much. My Garmin provides better information than this system. I find that the navigation system in the Avalanche lacking. This system can not even locate my residence, I have to use the On Star system for that.