2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Great Riding All Purpose Truck

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

Great Riding All Purpose Truck
By Scott on

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am a car nut and trade often..this is by far best riding truck I have owned. My wife has 07 Escalade ESV, my AV. has better ride and more comfortable front seats. In fact My AV. has almost identical options to the fully optioned Escalade including heated/cooled seats. I really like the blue tooth integrated with my cell phone. It automatically pairs with my cell when I enter truck, I make a call using voice recognition and cell still in my pocket and it will use cell unless there is no signal, then switches to "on-star" and gives me an option to complete the call. Love On- Star and the security it gives us. This vehicle is a "jack of all trades, with a great ride for two people.

Favorite Features

Front seats, high tech electronics, On- Star, including the back up phone. Large mirrors and back up camera, XM radio,The 6 speed transmission with the grade brake is great. Love the factory 20 inch chrome wheels, just low profile enough to look good without sacrificing ride from lack of rubber

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat design, need more comfort and an option to open part of it to rear while driving. Need to split the rear partition in two to match the two rear seats so one could be up and one down to gain access to cargo compartment. Like most cars, the latest $200 gps is better than the built in.