2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Great Truck
By LTZ owner on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck does everything I ask from hauling my boat and landscape materials such as rocks, yet is good looking enough to hang with the Mercedes and Lexus at high end restaurants. The only cheapness I've found is the plastic door handles which look and feel like chrome both inside and out, tend to break and fall apart in the FL. heat, as well as some failures in some of the electronic sensors over time. The plastic wings behind the windows also turn from black to light gray if you don't constantly maintain them with a protectant.

Great Riding All Purpose Truck
By Scott on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am a car nut and trade often..this is by far best riding truck I have owned. My wife has 07 Escalade ESV, my AV. has better ride and more comfortable front seats. In fact My AV. has almost identical options to the fully optioned Escalade including heated/cooled seats. I really like the blue tooth integrated with my cell phone. It automatically pairs with my cell when I enter truck, I make a call using voice recognition and cell still in my pocket and it will use cell unless there is no signal, then switches to "on-star" and gives me an option to complete the call. Love On- Star and the security it gives us. This vehicle is a "jack of all trades, with a great ride for two people.

LTZ owner
By Roy on 05/12/10 19:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second avalanche going from a 2002 to a 2009. More bells and whistles but the performance is better in the 02.Some short changes on the 09 are sun visors 02 had 2 on each side,09 has one per side. No extenders on the 09,two on 02. Only one light in bed area, 02 had one on each side. 09 is air tight when doors are closed radio and nav are excellent. 02 still in family only different driver. Now has 90,000 miles on 02 and never been back to the dealer. Hope the 09 proves this good.

One great SUT. Nothing better anywhere.
By ReelLove on 02/22/10 08:16 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

2009 is my 3rd Avalanche (LT2-Z71). Ride is stiffer than the '05 Z71. If you do not go off road think 2x @ Z71 pkg. Much quieter than '05. Lots of leg room everywhere. This vehicle feels bigger than the 05. Improved gas mileage & performance from '05. Interior redesign is luxurious but I miss being able to put my hat on the dashboard and it staying put. Handling is very good, with little to no body roll. This is still the greatest, most versatile vehicle on the road today. I have 5 cars, & the Avalanche is always my 1st choice to drive. Quality is first class, cabin is A-#1, durability is never an issue. If you are looking for a large vehicle, put this one on the top of your list.

Great SUV/Truck combo
By San Jose, CA on 01/07/10 10:07 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We bought our 2009 Avalanche to replace a 92 Chevy Blazer & 97 Chevy truck. The AV was a perfect fit for us with 4 full size doors, cargo capacity and towing. The AV's 5.3 liter engine has more power/torque than the 5.7 liter engine in my old 97 truck and gets better overall gas mileage. We tow 5,000(+) lbs of boat/trailer/gear and the AV has no problems handling the steep Sunol and Altamont pass grades in the S.F. Bay Area. The ride is more SUV-like than truck, and while the AV looks top heavy it actually handles the corners pretty well for its size. But if you're not used to driving SUV/trucks the AV's large turning radius can be scary/frustrating in tight parking situations.

2009 Chevy Avalanche LT2 4WD
By Bulldog on 12/31/09 07:21 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We had been looking at a new truck/SUV to replace our 92 Blazer & 97 Chevy truck. The Avalanche was the best match for us, with 4 full size doors, hauling capacity and able to tow 5000 lbs of boat and gear. We got it on sale Labor day and have been having fun with it ever since. The ride is very good even with 4 big guys in it. Plenty of power for towing even up the steep Sunol and Altamont grades in the Bay Area. The 2009's exterior is much better looking now that Chevy got rid of all the plastic side panels and when back to matching deep painted metal on all sides.

Blows Ridgeline Away
By Nothing Better on 10/16/09 18:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

WOW Love my Avalanche. Use it to drive clients around as well as hauling things around and you could not find a more versatile truck. Every time a client gets into the Avy they comment on the interior quality and are always impressed. We had 2 Suburbans prior to the Avalanche and loved them as well but the Avy is more functional w/the midgate especially since we no longer need the 8 seats

Midgate Leaks
By lancher4life on 09/28/09 09:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Looked for 3 yrs prior to buying, really wanted an Avalanche. Looked as if the leaks had been fixed. Bought a brand new one but the midgate leaks when I wash it - leaks both into the cab and the bed (on both sides of the midgate). Going back a 3rd time to the dealer. Seems like mine is a lemon, some leaks on prior years but thought the leak issue was addressed. Take a hose & check yours before you buy....HOPEFULLY they can fix it, as really do otherwise love it.

A long Time Honda Man tries a Chevy
By Rick on 09/23/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first Chevy I have purchased in nearly 30 years as I am a die hard Honda fan. It was time to buy a new truck and it came down to the Ridgeline and the Avalanche and I stepped out on a limb and bought the Avalanche. My honest opinion is the Avalanche wins from an exterior appeal and available 'bells and whistles" standpoint but the Honda wins on the interior quality, cargo space and clearly thought through and efficient space utilization. It is like the Chevy folks focused on what the truck looks like going down the road and curb appeal and the Honda folks focused on the interior " living quarters" area. Avalanche is a great vehicle but needs a little interior help!

Buy American
By B on 09/18/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My first American vehicle in about 15 years. I bought Toyota in the past and was hard pressed to pass one up this time. Buying the Avalanche was the best move I could have made. In my opinion the quality is better than the Toyota and the interior design is far better than the Tundra. You are making a mistake if you do not look at Chevy. They have won me over.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew-cab in VA is:

$129 per month*