The Only Truck to Buy
By Jack on
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
This is the smoothest, most comfortable, versatile truck in the world. I bought a new LT last year and dad and I made a trip up to WI., from Florida. He couldn't believe it was a pick up truck. It truly has a better ride than my wife's Cadillac. The storage is awesome and abundant and the cabin is as comfortable as sitting in a lazyboy in your living room. The only thing I don't like is that my wife likes it better than her new Caddy, so it looks like we will probably have 2 of them in the near future. You can really dress these trucks up too if you're in to that. Chevrolet never seems to advertise these trucks. If they knew what they were doing, they would put everyone else out of business.
Favorite Features
I like the remote start on the cold mornings. The heat is on when you're ready to go and I can't say enough about the cabin comfort and the remarkable seating.
Suggested Improvements
I was expecting better gas mileage, but we averaged 19.5 on our 3100 mile trip. We were loaded down pretty heavy, so I guess we really cannot complain. I love the appearance inside and out. I'm hoping GM doesn't screw that up in the future, because I would love to own another one.