2008 Chevrolet Avalanche 5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.3 ft. Bed Consumer Review - North Carolina LTZ 2008 Update

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Review

North Carolina LTZ 2008 Update 11/2008
By avyowner on

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well, it has been about a year since I bought this vehicle. I have even nicer things to say than when I had just acquired it. This is a very dependable, comfortable, powerful, luxurious SUV that also is a truck. And, you can write the whole thing off on your taxes because it is over 6,000 pounds and it is technically a truck! Buy American and feel good about it! Less costly than Toyota or others out there. Chevy will deal! I got the extended warranty but don't think I'll need to use it much; this is a very reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Big, comfortable ride! This is a Cadillac with a Chevy badge. Excellent 4x4 will get you out of anything. Reliability. Beautiful appearance. Spacious for you and guests. Memory automatic features. Gigantic trunk! Rear cover keeps your stuff out of the rain and dust.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger glovebox. Console divider. Easier access to spare tire (an issue with most vehicles these days), better mileage (perhaps a hybrid?)