Best truck yet!
By jplrad on
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I traded in my 2001 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4WD for this vehicle and I am very impressed. Chevy really did there homework. I got the 6.0L 4WD LTZ w/chrome pkg. (ie. loaded). It drives like a sedan with no problem getting into regular parking spaces. There was no way I could take my old truck where parking was a concern. It is quiet but with plenty of power. Extremely comfortable with a silky smooth ride. Midgate and side coolers are very functional. I did not have to buy an additional bedliner and fiberglass cap. No problem putting tall things in the back. This ride is smoother than my Corvette and much more refined than any other truck out there!
Favorite Features
NAV, XM, DVD, remote start, car-like ride, rear-view camera, 20" chrome wheels, midgate, brute force power but a dream to drive!
Suggested Improvements
Can't have front mudflaps with power steps. Small glove box. No CD holder in console. No extra storage for wireless headphones. Duramax diesel w/Allison transmission. Better gas mileage. Push button start like the Corvette.