Avalanche LTZ
By yakfloater on
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Purchased this truck new in December of '08. Traded in my '04 Avalanche after putting on 130,000 miles. I am very pleased with the ride comfort and new styling, interior and exterior, compared to the '04. I have used this truck for freeway commuting for work and for towing a snowmobile trailer and camping trailer. The gas mileage in commute traffic on the freeway averages 16.5, towing the 5,000lb trailer = 9.5. Now at 54,000 miles the truck uses oil, 1qt per 1000miles and there are more rattles in the dash/interior than any vehicle I,ve ever owned. I,ve been back to the dealer 3 times to have the oil consumption issue resolved but GM doesn't have any fixes that seem to work.
Favorite Features
Leather interior, heated seats, navigation, secured storage in back of truck, ride leveling suspension, exterior styling.
Suggested Improvements
GM needs to come up with a solution to get their small block engines with the AFM feature to stop consuming oil! Their continued attempts to simply reduce the oil consumtion to 1qt every 2000miles , (a rate deemed normal by GM) , is not acceptable. More attention to quality control while assembling the truck could help reduce the amount of rattles - I hope!