Used 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

My Favorite Truck!!!
By Steve Waddell

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2003 Dodge Ram QuadCab- Laramie edition, that I purchased new for a Chevy Avalanche LTZ, with Rocky Ridge customization package. I had visited several dealers in Hampton Roads, VA, and none had anything that met my needs. I found exactly what I wanted on eBay. My son and I drove over 400 miles Friday April 16, 2009 and traded in our old Dodge and bought the new Chevy Avalanche LTZ. The truck in white diamond (pearl white) with customization package makes it look just like the Escalade.

Love the Rocky Ridge customization package w/ 22" Incubus wheels! XM Satellite radio (Hair Nation, Boneyard, etc!), White Diamond paint with lt Cashmere int, safety features (side airbags, etc.), 87 octane, smooth ride (like a nice yacht), covered rear bed, side storage, turning radius is excellent

Not much really, but if I could - I would add cooled seats and bluetooth (both of which were added for 2009). A coin holder and improved storage design in center storage compartment would also be nice. And finally, while there is an MP3 player connection, it also needs an iPhone charging station.

08 Summit White LTZ NAV DVD Sunroof Load
By First Time Chevy

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a lady that bought this as a surprise for my husband. I love it so much that I'm probably going to buy one for me next year. I love the rear assist camera, heated seats, and power retractable steps. I was a previous Camry owner and I've never owned an American car before. If this truck lasts for 10 years like my Toyotas, I'll never buy another foreign car again. I am super impressed with the Chevy Avalanche.

Navigation, DVD, Rear Assist Camera, Large Power Mirrors, Heated Seats, Power Retractable Steps, Driver Memory Seats

Unbelievable Safety
By Jim

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was t-boned on driver's side/other guy going about 50! Walked away from my 2007 Avalanche. Side bags saved my life, as did the vehicle. Avalanche was totaled, as was F250 diesel that hit me. Cops said Avalanche saved my life without question. Bought a new 2008 LTZ. Can't say enough about how great both have been. Not a problem on either one. Had a 2004 Deville and these trucks ride and perform as well as the Caddy. If class, quality, ride, safety, and good looks are important then this is your vehicle. I can't stress how great I feel with all the safety features built into this truck.

Nav system, rear camera, engine power, heated washer fluid, rain sensing wipers, Bose radio.

Wish I had cooled seats, but they are available in 2009's.

The Only Truck to Buy
By Jack

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the smoothest, most comfortable, versatile truck in the world. I bought a new LT last year and dad and I made a trip up to WI., from Florida. He couldn't believe it was a pick up truck. It truly has a better ride than my wife's Cadillac. The storage is awesome and abundant and the cabin is as comfortable as sitting in a lazyboy in your living room. The only thing I don't like is that my wife likes it better than her new Caddy, so it looks like we will probably have 2 of them in the near future. You can really dress these trucks up too if you're in to that. Chevrolet never seems to advertise these trucks. If they knew what they were doing, they would put everyone else out of business.

I like the remote start on the cold mornings. The heat is on when you're ready to go and I can't say enough about the cabin comfort and the remarkable seating.

I was expecting better gas mileage, but we averaged 19.5 on our 3100 mile trip. We were loaded down pretty heavy, so I guess we really cannot complain. I love the appearance inside and out. I'm hoping GM doesn't screw that up in the future, because I would love to own another one.

2008 LS, a lot of truck for the money
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I chose the LS model for two reasons, first it was a few thousand dollars cheaper, and second, it had the 40/20/40 split bench, which I like better than the bucket seats that are the only option in the pricier LT and LTZ models. I really like this truck. It is a no-compromise crew cab (essentially, a Tahoe from the rear seats forward) that is easy to get into (I seldom even bother with the running boards, but then, I'm 6'3", my wife who is 5'2" uses the running boards and has no problems getting inside). The performance is excellent. Using the midgate, I can haul an object as big as a full sized couch with the rear seats down. I got 21.8 MPG on a recent road trip, hard to beat that!

The engine is strong and gets decent mileage, the ride is quiet and smooth, the seats are comfy on long rides, and the tailgate locks.

I would take the cup holders from the front center armrest, and relocate them to the floor in front of the center console. I usually like to have the armrest up, rather than down, and that means you have no front cupholders.