2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 4

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Number 3
By NFRich on 06/29/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Avalanche. Have had an 02 and 04. Bought an 07 Silverado and didn't like that at all. Only had around 9000 miles when I got rid of it. The Silverado got the worse gas mileage I have ever gotten with one, and have had them for years. So, was able to go back to the truck I love. It is so versitle. Can fit sheets of plywood and drywall in without issues at all. The storage areas are great as well. There is so much room that everyone can travel in comfort. Drove straight through to FL one year and put a futon mattress in the back/folded the seat down and the kids had all the room they needed along with all the luggage. Has to be the best product GM has come out with!

LTZ is the best vehicle I've ever owned
By Michael on 06/16/08 11:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always been a Ford fan, and still have nothing bad to say, but this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I love this truck. I looked at the F-150, Tundra and even the MB GL, but I was drawn back to this truck every time. It's functional, practical, has a very roomy and comfortable back seat, the plactic bed cover is more durable than the steel ones I have seen. I own a BMW and this truck's interior fit and finish is just as luxurious as my BMW's is. I have never been happier with a purchase, I'm averaging 15 MPG, not great, but not bad for a pickup. I had a lot of people point me towards the Tundra, I would not do an even swap if you paid me $10k more. I'm a bowtie guy now!

Love my Avalanche!
By shancock on 05/20/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a new LT Avalanche in 2006 and just now traded it in to a 2008. We just wanted the new design. We had no problems at all with our 2006. I love the way they drive and handle. I wish I had paid the difference and got the LTZ package. I love everything about it and hope this one is as good as my 2006.

Best truck yet!
By jplrad on 04/24/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4WD for this vehicle and I am very impressed. Chevy really did there homework. I got the 6.0L 4WD LTZ w/chrome pkg. (ie. loaded). It drives like a sedan with no problem getting into regular parking spaces. There was no way I could take my old truck where parking was a concern. It is quiet but with plenty of power. Extremely comfortable with a silky smooth ride. Midgate and side coolers are very functional. I did not have to buy an additional bedliner and fiberglass cap. No problem putting tall things in the back. This ride is smoother than my Corvette and much more refined than any other truck out there!

I love this truck
By shelsm on 04/05/08 15:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The price tag was expensive, but it was well worth it. I got the chrome edition with 22" wheels. I love it! It drives like a car, but has the benefits of a truck. I recommend it a 100 times over. The fuel management system does save me a little gas too.

08 LTZ in Kansas City
By Kansas CIty 08 LTZ on 03/31/08 12:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 07 Trailblazer SS for this vehicle. It rides far better and while it does not have the blazing fast speed of the SS, it does very well for a big truck and gets a lot better fuel economy than the SS did with it's LS2 Corvette motor. Still Adjusting the the size of it vs. the TrailBlazer, but overall am very happy with it. Got a great deal--almost 10,000 of the sticker and 0% financing to boot. I believe that I will be very happy with this vehicle.

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT3 Crew Cab SB
By James Jackson on 03/22/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded a 2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE in on this vehicle, hands down this is a far better vehicle. It's rides and handle better than the F-150s I have own, and for me to say this about a Chevy, this is really saying something. What else can I say a great vehicle with great flexability.

North Carolina LTZ Avalanche 2008
By avyowner2008LTZ on 03/11/08 22:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I thought long and hard before buying this vehicle. I compared it to the Cadillac EXT, Toyota Tundra Ltd, Ford F-150 King Ranch, Dodge TD, GMC 2500 Duramax TD w/ Allison6spd. In the end, all those other vehicles were just trucks. If what you really want is a truck, then buy the GMC or the Tundra, in my opinion. If what you want is really a very nice SUV with lots of bells & whistles that also doubles as a pickup truck, then the Avalanche is for you as it was for me. I have every toy you can get on this LTZ and I suggest you either get the LTZ or the LT3 w/Z71. No LTZ ride leveling on the LT3 though. No 4x4 in the Caddy available.

Woman's Truck
By harvey on 01/04/08 06:58 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2008 LTZ is the most comfortable truck on the market. It has been a pleasure to drive and ride in. When your wife likes the mans toys "ie truck" then you know that you have made the right choice. Will be a pleasure to drive on long trips

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4x4 5.3L
By TW on 12/31/07 10:34 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche for this 2008. I put 52,000 miles on my 2003 and only had to change the tires and one light bulb. The vehicle is great and I couldn't be more satisified with the new one. I was concerned about the low height of the front valance, but so far it has not been a problem. Also, I went from cloth seats to leather and was concerned about the change. However, I can't be happier especially when I turn on the heated seats in cold weather.