Used 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Unbelievable Safety
By Jim

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was t-boned on driver's side/other guy going about 50! Walked away from my 2007 Avalanche. Side bags saved my life, as did the vehicle. Avalanche was totaled, as was F250 diesel that hit me. Cops said Avalanche saved my life without question. Bought a new 2008 LTZ. Can't say enough about how great both have been. Not a problem on either one. Had a 2004 Deville and these trucks ride and perform as well as the Caddy. If class, quality, ride, safety, and good looks are important then this is your vehicle. I can't stress how great I feel with all the safety features built into this truck.

Nav system, rear camera, engine power, heated washer fluid, rain sensing wipers, Bose radio.

Wish I had cooled seats, but they are available in 2009's.

The Only Truck to Buy
By Jack

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the smoothest, most comfortable, versatile truck in the world. I bought a new LT last year and dad and I made a trip up to WI., from Florida. He couldn't believe it was a pick up truck. It truly has a better ride than my wife's Cadillac. The storage is awesome and abundant and the cabin is as comfortable as sitting in a lazyboy in your living room. The only thing I don't like is that my wife likes it better than her new Caddy, so it looks like we will probably have 2 of them in the near future. You can really dress these trucks up too if you're in to that. Chevrolet never seems to advertise these trucks. If they knew what they were doing, they would put everyone else out of business.

I like the remote start on the cold mornings. The heat is on when you're ready to go and I can't say enough about the cabin comfort and the remarkable seating.

I was expecting better gas mileage, but we averaged 19.5 on our 3100 mile trip. We were loaded down pretty heavy, so I guess we really cannot complain. I love the appearance inside and out. I'm hoping GM doesn't screw that up in the future, because I would love to own another one.

2008 LS, a lot of truck for the money
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I chose the LS model for two reasons, first it was a few thousand dollars cheaper, and second, it had the 40/20/40 split bench, which I like better than the bucket seats that are the only option in the pricier LT and LTZ models. I really like this truck. It is a no-compromise crew cab (essentially, a Tahoe from the rear seats forward) that is easy to get into (I seldom even bother with the running boards, but then, I'm 6'3", my wife who is 5'2" uses the running boards and has no problems getting inside). The performance is excellent. Using the midgate, I can haul an object as big as a full sized couch with the rear seats down. I got 21.8 MPG on a recent road trip, hard to beat that!

The engine is strong and gets decent mileage, the ride is quiet and smooth, the seats are comfy on long rides, and the tailgate locks.

I would take the cup holders from the front center armrest, and relocate them to the floor in front of the center console. I usually like to have the armrest up, rather than down, and that means you have no front cupholders.

Very satisifed
By Troy

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We've been eyeing an Avalanche for years now and finally bought one with the employee pricing in Sept '08. Interior is very impressive and the ride is suprisingly smooth for a truck. The climate control knobs could be easier to use when driving and a coin holder would be nice. Backing up is tough but the park assist helps a lot. Everyone who rides in the truck comments about how nice the ride is (even other truck owners). Gas mileage is almost exactly the same as the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6cylinder we sold to buy this. We avg 15.5 mpg and could do better if we tried to use 4cyl mode more often. 4WD engagement is seamless.

Steering wheel controls, excellent satellite radio reception, bed flexibility, rear vents, electronic 4wd engagement.

Bigger glovebox! Use V4 mode when idling. Driver assist handle on A- pillar.

Awesome Avalanche!
By Western NJ Native

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing beats this vehicle for flexibility, functionality, performance and comfort. An awesome combination for an active family of four. Averaging almost 19 overall with typical NJ suburban traffic. Overall extremely satisfied with the entire package, best truck I have ever owned. Thanks Chevy

Super comfortable seats, powerful engine, good MPG, covered bed and the sound of the motor.

Only suggestion has been done for '09. Six speed transmission.