2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
General Motors built a Qualtiy Truck
By Obsessive on trucks on 01/03/09 09:42 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fabulous in every way. Quiet, strong, versatile, and gets better mpg than Tundra. Have owned every truck known to man. This by far is the best beast out there! Has the appeal of a Cadillac, with plenty of features that would have you believe you were driving one.

Better than a truck
By jcrichie on 01/02/09 04:48 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

For those who don't need a truck all the time, but need one occasionally the Avalanche is a perfect fit. It is built on a Suburban frame so it rides much more smoothly than a truck. The bed can be made into an 8 footer and makes a great bed for camping trips with the seats folded down. Very good build quality. GM makes good trucks and SUVs, my previous vehicle was a Tahoe.

Favorite ride ever!
By jtown_av_fan on 12/23/08 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a 2002 and traded it for an 07 Tundra. Big mistake! The ride quality and interior comfort can't compare! My 08 LTZ is awesome! Extremely comfortable! The remote start gets the truck just right before you climb in. I love that it has everything! Back-up camera is too cool! Averaging 17MPG overall which is 2 MPG better than my 02. I have averaged over 20 on highway trips! Bedmat keeps cargo where you put it, but makes some things hard to load/unload. Tows like a dream! 5.3 has plenty of what you need in a truck...power!

Kansas 08 Avalanche LT
By dcurtis48 on 12/22/08 08:13 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Can honestly say this is most comfortable truck I have ever driven. I have only ever owned Dodge and cross shopped this with the new crew-cab Ram. The Avalanche drives as well as the Ram even with its new coil rear suspension. The Avalanche interior is very sophisticated - more SUV than truck.

Absolute best
By CP on 12/21/08 11:50 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I own a 2008 LTZ and absolutely love it! It drives extremely smooth. I have had little to no maintenance issues. The feautres are absolutely great. It is everything I would want in an SUV but also in a truck.

Previous Toyota owner
By Kevin Barnett on 12/19/08 07:53 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wow. Can't say enough about this truck. Was considering the Tundra 4dr/4wd. But that would have cost about $5,000 more plus a cover. If you take my price and compare it to what I would have gotten if I'd gone Toyota, you'd be amazed. The Avalanche has a better interior and a better ride (not as stiff). The utility is also better as the seats can be folded or the cover stored. It may not be as fast as the Tundra, but if you are doing hwy miles, you should get this. I traded in a 1998 Toyota. I'm impressed. No problems yet. I also like the oil filter/drain set- up. Much better than the competitors if you do it yourself.

All of the Above
By 08 LTZ on 12/11/08 07:22 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What is the Avalanche, a pick up truck, an SUV, a motorcycle hauler, a comfortable long range cruiser, a technical wonder? The answer is, all of the above. The Avalanche does so many tasks with ease. I load with people some times, or haul one of my motorcycles in the back or both. The LTZ with the auto leveling suspension handles that with grace. This is my second Avalanche as I had a 2002 when I was living in NH. Both have / were totally dependable with no issues what so ever. (to be expected from an American car, I know). The 08 with this advance handling and suspension is a dream to drive in very slippery conditions. Buy one you won't regret it.

North Carolina LTZ 2008 Update 11/2008
By avyowner on 11/13/08 15:40 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well, it has been about a year since I bought this vehicle. I have even nicer things to say than when I had just acquired it. This is a very dependable, comfortable, powerful, luxurious SUV that also is a truck. And, you can write the whole thing off on your taxes because it is over 6,000 pounds and it is technically a truck! Buy American and feel good about it! Less costly than Toyota or others out there. Chevy will deal! I got the extended warranty but don't think I'll need to use it much; this is a very reliable vehicle.

Happy as can be
By Greg on 09/16/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several GMC crew and extended cabs and a Yukon but this Avalanche really does have it all. I have the Z71 package which I think gives it a little better look. The side locked storage is great as well as the looked tailgate with a water tight cargo area. Smooth as a nice car yet tough as a truck. Truly has it all. The more I learned about it after I bought it, the more I liked it. This Avalanche is like home to me, so comfortable.

'08 White Diamond Avalanche LTZ
By americanjan on 09/10/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck--and yes, I'm a girl! I just bought my Avalanche after months of looking around and comparing other SUVs and trucks. Overall, I really liked the Avalanche's versatility as an SUV/truck combo. I must say, though, that Chevrolet's use of the White Diamond exterior paint is what put me over the top. This truck is absolutely gorgeous--the cashmere leather interior and the 20" chrome wheels & chrome accents really make this truck a showgirl! If you are looking to purchase an Avalanche, I suggest you spring for the LTZ package. You won't be sorry you did. All the extra features are really nice and make the whole driving experience enjoyable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.