2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Lots of electrical problems
By Tony on 01/04/10 09:15 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle (LT3) used off lease with 40K miles and have had nothing but problems. Blower motor went bad, sensor for exit cab lights went bad, Back-up sensor error all within 6 months. Love the looks, drivability and handling, but Chevrolet really needs to focus of quality. Stopped buying Fords for similar issues in late 90's and about to do the same with Chevrolet!

Love my Avalanche!
By Willard on 09/28/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Avalanche to replace my Silverado. Couldn't be happier except I can't get my wife out of the Avalanche! Got the White Diamond package with 22" wheels. Took it to the car wash last week and when finished the young man asked for the owner and another customer said he wished it was his. Two of the young men wiping it down mentioned what a "sweet ride" I had. Drove from Utah to Texas and back fully loaded and averaged over 20 mpg at over 70 mph. Extremely comfortable ride on the open road! The folding steps are great! I'm over 6' tall and my wife is 5'; the adjustable pedals and memory seats make the truck a joy for both. Almost a year and a half and no visits to the shop.

Great truck
By Huey Long on 09/22/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the ideal truck for business that includes taking clients to the field. It travels superbly, and gets better than 18 mpg if driven 65-70 mph. MPG drops quickly if over 70. The only complaint is its ground clearance, which has resulted in some scrapes to the wheel well corners; not noticeable, but it would be nice if it rode about 2" higher. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who can afford it, although its value to me has far exceeded the pick-ups I have had in the past. I will drive an Avalanche LTZ as long as GM can afford to make 'em.

My Favorite Truck!!!
By Steve Waddell on 04/19/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2003 Dodge Ram QuadCab- Laramie edition, that I purchased new for a Chevy Avalanche LTZ, with Rocky Ridge customization package. I had visited several dealers in Hampton Roads, VA, and none had anything that met my needs. I found exactly what I wanted on eBay. My son and I drove over 400 miles Friday April 16, 2009 and traded in our old Dodge and bought the new Chevy Avalanche LTZ. The truck in white diamond (pearl white) with customization package makes it look just like the Escalade.

08 Summit White LTZ NAV DVD Sunroof Load
By First Time Chevy on 04/18/09 20:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a lady that bought this as a surprise for my husband. I love it so much that I'm probably going to buy one for me next year. I love the rear assist camera, heated seats, and power retractable steps. I was a previous Camry owner and I've never owned an American car before. If this truck lasts for 10 years like my Toyotas, I'll never buy another foreign car again. I am super impressed with the Chevy Avalanche.

Unbelievable Safety
By Jim on 01/31/09 19:39 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was t-boned on driver's side/other guy going about 50! Walked away from my 2007 Avalanche. Side bags saved my life, as did the vehicle. Avalanche was totaled, as was F250 diesel that hit me. Cops said Avalanche saved my life without question. Bought a new 2008 LTZ. Can't say enough about how great both have been. Not a problem on either one. Had a 2004 Deville and these trucks ride and perform as well as the Caddy. If class, quality, ride, safety, and good looks are important then this is your vehicle. I can't stress how great I feel with all the safety features built into this truck.

The Only Truck to Buy
By Jack on 01/25/09 11:05 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the smoothest, most comfortable, versatile truck in the world. I bought a new LT last year and dad and I made a trip up to WI., from Florida. He couldn't believe it was a pick up truck. It truly has a better ride than my wife's Cadillac. The storage is awesome and abundant and the cabin is as comfortable as sitting in a lazyboy in your living room. The only thing I don't like is that my wife likes it better than her new Caddy, so it looks like we will probably have 2 of them in the near future. You can really dress these trucks up too if you're in to that. Chevrolet never seems to advertise these trucks. If they knew what they were doing, they would put everyone else out of business.

2008 LS, a lot of truck for the money
By Bill on 01/23/09 14:17 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I chose the LS model for two reasons, first it was a few thousand dollars cheaper, and second, it had the 40/20/40 split bench, which I like better than the bucket seats that are the only option in the pricier LT and LTZ models. I really like this truck. It is a no-compromise crew cab (essentially, a Tahoe from the rear seats forward) that is easy to get into (I seldom even bother with the running boards, but then, I'm 6'3", my wife who is 5'2" uses the running boards and has no problems getting inside). The performance is excellent. Using the midgate, I can haul an object as big as a full sized couch with the rear seats down. I got 21.8 MPG on a recent road trip, hard to beat that!

Very satisifed
By Troy on 01/18/09 05:55 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We've been eyeing an Avalanche for years now and finally bought one with the employee pricing in Sept '08. Interior is very impressive and the ride is suprisingly smooth for a truck. The climate control knobs could be easier to use when driving and a coin holder would be nice. Backing up is tough but the park assist helps a lot. Everyone who rides in the truck comments about how nice the ride is (even other truck owners). Gas mileage is almost exactly the same as the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6cylinder we sold to buy this. We avg 15.5 mpg and could do better if we tried to use 4cyl mode more often. 4WD engagement is seamless.

Awesome Avalanche!
By Western NJ Native on 01/12/09 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing beats this vehicle for flexibility, functionality, performance and comfort. An awesome combination for an active family of four. Averaging almost 19 overall with typical NJ suburban traffic. Overall extremely satisfied with the entire package, best truck I have ever owned. Thanks Chevy

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.