Used 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Great Pick-Up
By kevin_in_sales

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just knocker over 30K on mine.
Based on the Suburban platform, this is a great truck for those that need the occasional hauling space and have the need for 5 passengers.
The ability to lock up or hide what in the back is great for us city dwellers.
This is a great highway vehicle.

Back seat is very comfortable. Ride is better than all other pick-ups. The ability to start and cool or heat the vehicle remotely is one of my favorite features. I have the back-up camera, which is almost essential for this car.

Gas mileage could be better, but who's kidding...this is a heavy vehicle. I'd also like to see a tailgate that opens flat to the bed of the truck. I slide a 2x4 under my long loads right now, but this should really be addressed.

Avalanche of Problems
By kirby28

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my "dream truck" in '09 with 5K on it. Pretty much downhill from there. I would'nt buy
another GM product. By 27K I had a vehicle that
felt like it was falling apart. The chronic drive
shaft issues that have never been addressed by
GM continue. Problems won't surface for a few
thousand miles then, good luck. Dash problems,
handles breaking, pieces literally fall from no
where, rattles abound. This one heavy beast
that drives heavy and gets poor gas mileage.

drives like a cadillac, quiet, beautiful to look at.

Fix the trans issues, lighten the load, produce a tonneau cover that won't warp or fade.

Great Ride
By Bob

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased a new 2008 Avalanche 12/08.07/09 had it in for rear main seal. 09 had it in for battery 3 times before i took it to another dealership and found out the batteries were all defective. 09/10 motor went out on the drivers side seat. other than that the vehicle is great to drive. I am 6'3" 325 lbs and have ample room. I love the truck but can do without the probs. The dealership service department really awful. Fuel consumption could be better.

Comfort, audio system, plenty of power for towing.

Fuel consumption could be better. I hate it because I have to take time off of work to put the vehicle in the shop and then time off to pick it up.

2 years later & LTZ is still the best!
By Michael

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this big black beauty 25 months ago, and it is still the best vehicle I have ever had. The only issue was I needed to have the chrome handle replaced last month after it came loose. But other than that this truck is still as great as the day I bought it. It rides like a Cadillac, 90% of the time I can haul without removing the sails, the bed has ample room for transporting furniture without having to lower the back seats.

The tailgate and the sails to cover it. Local stereo shop was able to install a trip so the front seat passenger can watch movies on the dash while traveling. I was an SUV guy prior to this, I will never buy another car again, this truck is it for me.

A little more leg room in the rear, and RSE screens in the headrests so not to block the rear view mirror. A cigar humidor in the center console would have been nice.

Love the Avy!
By Charles

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2004 Range Rover for this vehicle. My wife immediately took the keys and has yet to give them back. We have taken this truck on numerous family vacations and by far the most comfortable vehicle we have ever driven in. The LTZ Pkg with White Diamond looks amazing. Had a couple of issues with the doors not closing and the chrome door handle breaking. Both covered under warranty.

Power running boards, Nav., Comfort of ride and safety.

Blue tooth, cooled seats, paint matched sails would be nice. (The black plastic pieces above the bed).