2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Burning Oil

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

Burning Oil
By bigwavedave1 on

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I gave a good review on this vehicle after 5,000 miles we only had a few minor issues. No we have 44,000 miles on this vehicle and here are the issues we have had. First and most important at 40,000 we were driving 50 miles away from home when I started to hear a knock. The vehicle was out of oil GM neglected to tell owners that they have had a proble since 07 with some 5.3L burning oil. The worst is it burns it so clean you can not see it. (Bulletin No. 10-06-01-008B) The dealer charges me for an oil change and tells me to drive it and watch the oil level. Now we have to drive it and pray it does not blow up. Also all the door handles and locks have broke. Trading for a F150 Ecoboost

Storage, GPS, Sunroof. The bed is watertight. Back-up Camera is a must. I pull a 6,500lb 28' boat with this and it does a good job when it is not burning oil.

Fix the motor do not make us drive it around waiting for it to blow up with a 2yr. old. Gas mileage is awful avg. 13mpg. highway 17mpg. GM needs to make this vehicle lighter weight and it needs more rear leg room. Body hardware we are not rough on anything and the handles just fell apart.