Used 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

very disappointed
By michael r. lewis jr./ Nicole M. Lazaro

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck at first glance and test drive is amazing from the drive to storage to comfortability i bought my 2008 avalanche 3 years ago and up til now i absolutely loved this truck. I have owned 5 chevy/GM vehicles throughout and adter this i will never own another one pending on how GM itself takes care of the issues at hand. Burns oil over consumption bad without telling costumers to be aware of. Now at 90,000 miles my truck is running and sounding like crap, lifter problems traction control stablitrack, engine misfires in cylindersand after i have extensively researched this is a common problem most of the morors were poorly made crappy parts in mexico, ultimately you need a new motor otherwise replacing lifters, pistons, cam shafts, rings, spark plugs, list goes on and on before you can fix the problem we as preferred costumers should not have too fork out thousands of dollars on engine problems on a $35,000 vehicle after only a year or two of owning it especially if like my self ur one who stays up on maintaince religiously i have replaced TPS, oil pressure sensor, new brakes and rotors, tune up new plugs and wires new throttle pedal position sensor all to try and fix this lifter noise and traction control and stabilitrack and engine lights, and noise and vehicle running and sounding like crap all to find out this is a common issue and fault on GM with this particular motor issues i think its time to switch to ford based on how GM addresses this issue with me especially since my truck is just out of warranty now go figure

No more Chevys for me
By Lonnie Griffin

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My driving and ownership experience has been terrible. It has been in the shop at least ten times for different issues. Some of the same issues with a 2000 Chevy pickup I bought new ten years ago it had a knocking engine and Chevy still has the same issues for example, down shift hard bump in transmission, noise in steering column, defective door locks, interior noise around the dash area, bad cam in motor replaced, wind noise, popping noise when turning to left or right sometimes, battery went bad, broken door weld replaced and so on I have to stop. Issues like this should not happen to a $30,000 vehicle for years.

Listen to your long time customers about known issues and get them resolved to keep your customers. I have been burned for $60,000 in the last ten years by Chevy, been a customer for thirty years, no more chevys for me.

My Favorite Truck!!!
By Steve Waddell

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2003 Dodge Ram QuadCab- Laramie edition, that I purchased new for a Chevy Avalanche LTZ, with Rocky Ridge customization package. I had visited several dealers in Hampton Roads, VA, and none had anything that met my needs. I found exactly what I wanted on eBay. My son and I drove over 400 miles Friday April 16, 2009 and traded in our old Dodge and bought the new Chevy Avalanche LTZ. The truck in white diamond (pearl white) with customization package makes it look just like the Escalade.

Love the Rocky Ridge customization package w/ 22" Incubus wheels! XM Satellite radio (Hair Nation, Boneyard, etc!), White Diamond paint with lt Cashmere int, safety features (side airbags, etc.), 87 octane, smooth ride (like a nice yacht), covered rear bed, side storage, turning radius is excellent

Not much really, but if I could - I would add cooled seats and bluetooth (both of which were added for 2009). A coin holder and improved storage design in center storage compartment would also be nice. And finally, while there is an MP3 player connection, it also needs an iPhone charging station.

08 Summit White LTZ NAV DVD Sunroof Load
By First Time Chevy

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a lady that bought this as a surprise for my husband. I love it so much that I'm probably going to buy one for me next year. I love the rear assist camera, heated seats, and power retractable steps. I was a previous Camry owner and I've never owned an American car before. If this truck lasts for 10 years like my Toyotas, I'll never buy another foreign car again. I am super impressed with the Chevy Avalanche.

Navigation, DVD, Rear Assist Camera, Large Power Mirrors, Heated Seats, Power Retractable Steps, Driver Memory Seats

Unbelievable Safety
By Jim

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was t-boned on driver's side/other guy going about 50! Walked away from my 2007 Avalanche. Side bags saved my life, as did the vehicle. Avalanche was totaled, as was F250 diesel that hit me. Cops said Avalanche saved my life without question. Bought a new 2008 LTZ. Can't say enough about how great both have been. Not a problem on either one. Had a 2004 Deville and these trucks ride and perform as well as the Caddy. If class, quality, ride, safety, and good looks are important then this is your vehicle. I can't stress how great I feel with all the safety features built into this truck.

Nav system, rear camera, engine power, heated washer fluid, rain sensing wipers, Bose radio.

Wish I had cooled seats, but they are available in 2009's.