2008 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
No more Chevys for me
By Lonnie Griffin on 05/07/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My driving and ownership experience has been terrible. It has been in the shop at least ten times for different issues. Some of the same issues with a 2000 Chevy pickup I bought new ten years ago it had a knocking engine and Chevy still has the same issues for example, down shift hard bump in transmission, noise in steering column, defective door locks, interior noise around the dash area, bad cam in motor replaced, wind noise, popping noise when turning to left or right sometimes, battery went bad, broken door weld replaced and so on I have to stop. Issues like this should not happen to a $30,000 vehicle for years.

My Favorite Truck!!!
By Steve Waddell on 04/19/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2003 Dodge Ram QuadCab- Laramie edition, that I purchased new for a Chevy Avalanche LTZ, with Rocky Ridge customization package. I had visited several dealers in Hampton Roads, VA, and none had anything that met my needs. I found exactly what I wanted on eBay. My son and I drove over 400 miles Friday April 16, 2009 and traded in our old Dodge and bought the new Chevy Avalanche LTZ. The truck in white diamond (pearl white) with customization package makes it look just like the Escalade.

08 Summit White LTZ NAV DVD Sunroof Load
By First Time Chevy on 04/18/09 20:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a lady that bought this as a surprise for my husband. I love it so much that I'm probably going to buy one for me next year. I love the rear assist camera, heated seats, and power retractable steps. I was a previous Camry owner and I've never owned an American car before. If this truck lasts for 10 years like my Toyotas, I'll never buy another foreign car again. I am super impressed with the Chevy Avalanche.

Unbelievable Safety
By Jim on 01/31/09 19:39 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was t-boned on driver's side/other guy going about 50! Walked away from my 2007 Avalanche. Side bags saved my life, as did the vehicle. Avalanche was totaled, as was F250 diesel that hit me. Cops said Avalanche saved my life without question. Bought a new 2008 LTZ. Can't say enough about how great both have been. Not a problem on either one. Had a 2004 Deville and these trucks ride and perform as well as the Caddy. If class, quality, ride, safety, and good looks are important then this is your vehicle. I can't stress how great I feel with all the safety features built into this truck.

The Only Truck to Buy
By Jack on 01/25/09 11:05 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the smoothest, most comfortable, versatile truck in the world. I bought a new LT last year and dad and I made a trip up to WI., from Florida. He couldn't believe it was a pick up truck. It truly has a better ride than my wife's Cadillac. The storage is awesome and abundant and the cabin is as comfortable as sitting in a lazyboy in your living room. The only thing I don't like is that my wife likes it better than her new Caddy, so it looks like we will probably have 2 of them in the near future. You can really dress these trucks up too if you're in to that. Chevrolet never seems to advertise these trucks. If they knew what they were doing, they would put everyone else out of business.

General Motors built a Qualtiy Truck
By Obsessive on trucks on 01/03/09 09:42 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fabulous in every way. Quiet, strong, versatile, and gets better mpg than Tundra. Have owned every truck known to man. This by far is the best beast out there! Has the appeal of a Cadillac, with plenty of features that would have you believe you were driving one.

Absolute best
By CP on 12/21/08 11:50 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I own a 2008 LTZ and absolutely love it! It drives extremely smooth. I have had little to no maintenance issues. The feautres are absolutely great. It is everything I would want in an SUV but also in a truck.

Number 3
By NFRich on 06/29/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Avalanche. Have had an 02 and 04. Bought an 07 Silverado and didn't like that at all. Only had around 9000 miles when I got rid of it. The Silverado got the worse gas mileage I have ever gotten with one, and have had them for years. So, was able to go back to the truck I love. It is so versitle. Can fit sheets of plywood and drywall in without issues at all. The storage areas are great as well. There is so much room that everyone can travel in comfort. Drove straight through to FL one year and put a futon mattress in the back/folded the seat down and the kids had all the room they needed along with all the luggage. Has to be the best product GM has come out with!

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT3 Crew Cab SB
By James Jackson on 03/22/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded a 2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE in on this vehicle, hands down this is a far better vehicle. It's rides and handle better than the F-150s I have own, and for me to say this about a Chevy, this is really saying something. What else can I say a great vehicle with great flexability.

Woman's Truck
By harvey on 01/04/08 06:58 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2008 LTZ is the most comfortable truck on the market. It has been a pleasure to drive and ride in. When your wife likes the mans toys "ie truck" then you know that you have made the right choice. Will be a pleasure to drive on long trips

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche in NJ is:

$242 per month*