What an improvement
By nuerburgring on
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I owned a 2002 Avalanche which was flawless and a great vehicle. It is hard to believe that the 2007 is even better in every respect. The heated leather seats now have two stages, seat cushion and seat back. Nice touch. The two tone seats in the Z71 are awesome. The truck negotiates curves very well, no longer as top heavy as the 2002. It seems to hug the road -- no easy feat for such a big vehicle. The seat to steering wheel ratio is now perfect for a 6.4 person. The tailgate is now much lighter and it locks automatically. The 6 changer with MP3 is great as well. The speakers are in the wrong place and do provide a stereo sound when the seat is all the way back.
Favorite Features
The sunroof, the brakes, the sound system despite its poor speaker placement. You barely can hear the rear speakers. The computer monitor is fun but can also distract.
Suggested Improvements
I owned a 2002 and had high hopes for a power window in the rear. No improvement hear. Why is the left mirror the only one that blocks glare from behind? Why not the right one as well? Windnoise was never there in my 2002. Now I can hear the wind at 65 miles an hour. Sad!!