2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: It is my mobile office - quite

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

LS Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.3 ft. Bed)

It is my mobile office - quite comfy too
By corneliani on

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you're looking to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, there is no better choice. As a homebuilder I need the function/look of a truck on a jobsite, but it cleans up so well that we use this same truck to go to church, outings, evenings out, everywhere. I've racked up 66k miles in 2.5 years and all I've done are oil changes (whenever the light tells me to) and changed a set of tires (shouldve balanced them more often, was told). I average 4-6 hrs/day in my truck when out, and could not imagine a more comfy ride and interior. At 6'1" and 250lbs it fits like a glove. Fuel economy can be an issue if you have a heavy foot, as I used to, but even though I still drive aggressively I avg 16+ mpg's city.

The backup camera with sensors makes it easier to back in than to pull forward while parking. I love the z71 trim with chrome chicken-wire grille and chrome stepbars. The navi system is nice, though they're cheaper & better aftermarket. The 4x4 is also not worth the maintenance; my diff does the job

My main complaint is the lack of torque. I know this was the compromise to achieve decent gas mileage, but if towing I get 8-10 mpg's. Also, the computer screen and electronics for the navi&stereo controls are slow sometimes. I'd love to use the controls while driving too, instead of pulling over.