Greystone/Ebony 4WD LTZ
By Watchman on
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I've only owned this vehicle for a week but I can say that after driving the Nissan Titan and the Chevy Silverado, the Suburban based Avalanche has the best finished interior and best ride of the three vehicles. The 5.3L (327ci) engine feels a bit undersized but the fuel economy is surprising so I have no complaints with performance. It would be nice if the engine would idle in 4 cyl mode to further improve city mileage. A 6 or 7 spd transmission would help bolster acceleration as well as mileage. The column shifter somewhat obscures the sterio controls. Seating is comfortable and the large console storage is a plus. Steering wheel audio control functionality is better than in my Acura-Nice!
Favorite Features
Midgate makes the vehicle--it's what I bought it for. Heated leather w/memory, adj pedals, gauge cluster well thought out, info center is very helpful, XM, 20" wheels, ride quality, looks, better mileage than my old 3.5L V6 midsize SUV.
Suggested Improvements
Child seat anchors should be placed for easier access, extend rear of cab a few inches to allow midgate to fold down without making me adjust my seat forward, very faint rattle from reat seat area unacceptable from new vehicle, add console shifter to get column shifter out of way of sterio controls.