2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Good truck, dont expect miracl

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

Good truck, dont expect miracles!!
By PaulM141 on

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, GM did a great job with this redesign. The wife and kids love the interior. Have the Rear DVD for the kids, and I will say it is a godsend. Ride is really good, nice and smooth. Decent fit and finish. I think GM could have done better with the gas mileage. I know this is a 6,000lb truck, and I expected poor economy, but I am averaging 11-13mpg regularly around town. I hoped cruising the interstate in primarily V4 mode would help, but alas 16-18mpg on the highway. Great utility in this truck, just be aware that odds are you will get 15mpg on average, and that gets worse with E85 fuel. Other than that I love this truck, but costs to drive are too high for me.

Rear DVD, aggressive look, interior

GAS MILEAGE!! Improve ergonimics for taller individuals, GAS MILEAGE, make more DIY friendly for headlight changing had to pull up the process from youtube and it is lengthy and tough, make a button to keep the bed light on with the doors shut (annoying)