Best vehicle I've owned, Driving it until it explodes!!!
By 07avalancheman on
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I bought my used 07 Avalanche in 08 with 21K miles for $29K which included the GMPP 5yr/75Kmile extended warrant. The truck has performed well and I've used the extended warranty on the AC condencer, tailgate handle assembly, replaced the steering wheel (due to unusual wear) and a few other little things. The ride is amazing, it handles well in snow and it's extremely safe. I've had a few people run into my truck and while my trucK took very little damage while the other vehicles were destroyed. I'd rather have a giant tank of a vehile than a little death trap anyday. Also, with the backup sensors, I can park anywhere and once you learn the size, you can too. GREAT VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Favorite Features
The sheer size of the vehicle, sleek look and I love how other men have major envy when they pull up in a mini-van or cheesy car. It's huge tonka truck and is the perfect combination of luxury and practicality. Good power in the engine, reliable as well. The interior is leather and the Bose sound system rocks! I also have the 20" rims which make it look great. If you have 18" rims, it looks silly. The v8 to V4 on the highway is a great feature as well and I'm looking forward more flexfuel options in the future as gas stations offer them across the country.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage would be my only issue really. (BUT, this is a huge vehicle, so what do you expect?) Some people cry about the fading of the plastic on the back of the vehicle, but there is a product by CarWORX called plastic retorer that is wonderful. It brought back the color 100% without any black dye or paint like all others I've seen on the market. I found it on ebay and it works perfectly. I really have no other suggestions.