Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Great Family Truck
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle needing a truck and also an SUV to haul the family around in. I haven't been disappointed. It is extremely comfortable and the design is sharp inside and out. The locking truck bed is nice to keep luggage and equipment in when you have passengers up front. I'm also an XM guy so having it standard on GM vehicles was a big selling point. Developed a couple of rattles after about a month - the dealership really wasn't interested in helping to fix them so I eventually found and fixed myself.

Favorite Features

Interior trim, comfortable seating, integrated XM radio, locking bed, versatility, design and looks. Overall great vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe extra storage in the cabin, some minor rattles but not bad (what do you expect when all vehicles are made of plastic these days)

Test Drove 2008 - Bought 2007
By Winston

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in 2004 Z71 Tahoe. Test drove 2008 LTZ, but with 0% financing and on- lot availability, bought 2007 LS with the few options we really wanted. Really liked both - ride is great, impressive interior room. Mileage is better than the old Tahoe and better than the 15-20 rating (getting about 17 around town and around 21 highway). And, it looks great. It adjusts great for both my 5'1" wife and my 6'1" frame. Have already used it to haul 8' lumber, 12' trim, and new oak doors - love the mid-gate. Even my Mother (who has always hated trucks as "the good car") has told my Dad that he could buy an Avalanche to replace their Buick next year.

Favorite Features

The mid-gate, of course. However, the ride and performance was suprisingly good. The kids like the roomy back seats and feel that they have more overall room than they did in the old Tahoe.

Suggested Improvements

Give a cloth option in the LT - I hate being forced to buy leather. I would spend more for the extra "nice to have" LT options if I could get cloth.

How can you not like this truck?
By Fassler

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Avalanche LTZ and I love driving this truck!! This thing is loaded, navigation, dvd, back up camera heated seat etc..It does everything you could ask for in a truck/suv. Ride is smooth for its size. Get a lot of compliments from friends and stranger!! For a truck 14 - 15mpg is great. Chevy really stepped up with the new design inside and out. Its luxury style without paying the Cadillac price.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, touch-screen radio & nav. Side cooler compartments, remote start, XM, easy to take off bed cover and convert to the truck

Suggested Improvements

More room for the driver while back seats are down

Great truck so far!
By AviFan

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a little over 3000 miles on my LTZ and am really enjoying it. It is one of the most comfortable rides I have owned over the years. Visibility is excellent although changing lanes on the highway and parking do take a little getting used to with this big beast. Definitely splurge on the rear back up camera as I can't imagine parking without it. Fit and finish in the LTZ is great and so far in almost 3 months we have not needed to return to the dealership for anything.

Favorite Features

Flexibility for hauling items and gas mileage only slightly worse than most "mid-size" trucks. OnStar pre-paid hands free phone. Super comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical outlets in truck bed.

Best Vehicle on the Planet
By Rocky II

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a loaded '07 LTZ that I traded the intial '02 Z71 for. Loved the first one so much after 5 year and 92K miles, I had to have the new one. There are huge improvements to this GMT900 version in all areas including comfort, accessories, performance, handling, and fuel mileage. The new Active Fuel Mgmt system gives 16.5- 17.0 MPG City and 18.8-20.4 Hwy. It has retained most of the good things the original had with better features. Still too pricey at a $45K list.

Favorite Features

Beautiful design (inside and out), XM Radio, Nav system, Backup camera, comfort, DVD player....and the best ride on the planet. Still mostly a truck function but with car-like handling, comfort and features

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the tinted windshield visor strip, the dual truck bed lights and the rear foot-step bumper and add a 6- speed automatic transmission like the Caddy Escalade Ext.