Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Most Helpful|
Good truck but flawed
By p driver

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I find this truck to be reliable and fun to drive, but that changed when the transmission went out. Everyone one has no answer, and I hope that this is not the beginning of more problems.

Favorite Features

I do like the extra outlets and the storage.

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room in the back seat. Make the front a little more comfortable for long travels. Would like to lock the tailgate separate from the other locks.

Unexpected Airbag Deployment
By Frustrated

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 46th Chevrolet that I have owned. Options WoW, loaded to the max. Smooth driving and handling. Power to weight ratio in the drain. I have driven 11,000 miles in 5 months. Window sticker advertises 16 city 21 highway, the best I have acheived is 11.9, dealer now tell me thats normal. Today while driving on a bumpy road at appr.25 mph both side airbags deployed. Not sure how this is going to work out, but I am going to try and go back to a crew cab 1500 Z-71 Chevy truck. I have had 11 repairs with this Avalanche and I have lost faith in it. This is my first regretable Chevrolet purchase. I have loved the Vettes and trucks that I have owned. The floorboard creaks when turning also.

Favorite Features

The overall looks and the awesome ride.

Suggested Improvements

Tell the truth about the fuel economy. I even have the flex fuel engine. This vehicle is a pig.

Evaluate is reality, not emotion
By Buzz

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A shaved down model from previous years. Intenseley cheapened. Interior noise is excessive. Placement of switches inconvenient, difficult to actuate because of positioning. Guage background in near black with dark sootlike numbers blend into an almost invisible display. Great effort to see speed, gas remaining and the like. This is the poorest of poor. Add sun glasses and the display is unreadable. The sun lightens the top of the dash which in turn reflects from the inside of the windshield, limiting your vision. The garage door opener buttons require a copilot to actuate them.

Favorite Features

Excellent paint. Excellent wheels and tires.

Suggested Improvements

The guage displays, please incorporate white backgrounds with black numbers. Please simplify the positioning of switches of all types. Please reinstitue sound proofing as in previous models. Please eliminate the luggage rack, make it an option. The rack induces tremendous noise, it's a knuckle breaker

Greystone/Ebony 4WD LTZ
By Watchman

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've only owned this vehicle for a week but I can say that after driving the Nissan Titan and the Chevy Silverado, the Suburban based Avalanche has the best finished interior and best ride of the three vehicles. The 5.3L (327ci) engine feels a bit undersized but the fuel economy is surprising so I have no complaints with performance. It would be nice if the engine would idle in 4 cyl mode to further improve city mileage. A 6 or 7 spd transmission would help bolster acceleration as well as mileage. The column shifter somewhat obscures the sterio controls. Seating is comfortable and the large console storage is a plus. Steering wheel audio control functionality is better than in my Acura-Nice!

Favorite Features

Midgate makes the vehicle--it's what I bought it for. Heated leather w/memory, adj pedals, gauge cluster well thought out, info center is very helpful, XM, 20" wheels, ride quality, looks, better mileage than my old 3.5L V6 midsize SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Child seat anchors should be placed for easier access, extend rear of cab a few inches to allow midgate to fold down without making me adjust my seat forward, very faint rattle from reat seat area unacceptable from new vehicle, add console shifter to get column shifter out of way of sterio controls.

Poor
By jc

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very overrated. typical Chevy, poor mpg. Lots of cab noise. Many blind spots, instrumentation is poor, must take eyes off road for extended periods of time to figure controls, out of standard arm reach

Favorite Features

Best when parked