Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Terriffic Vehicle
By Happy in Colorado!

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Avi in California, drove it in desert with great comfort. Moved to Colorado mountains; with ABS, Stabili- trak, and 4WD on 20" wheels you simply cannot get this vehicle stuck in the Colorado winter! Much better comfort and feeling of safety and security than in my previous 2006 Avi. Fuel economy is very acceptable for the size of the Avi; E-85 delivers almost same mpg as gasoline; plenty of E-85 in Colorado and at about a dollar a gallon less cost that gasoline the cost factor is impressive, even with a slightly lower mpg. Much better in winter in the Rockies than my neighbors Escalade with 2WD.

Favorite Features

Ride and handling are excellent; interior is great design fit and finish is also impeccable.

Suggested Improvements

Provide the step slot again in the rear bumper. I am 6 ft. 5', but shorties cannot get into the bed.

Glad I bought it
By bill

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My best mileage around town to work is 17. The best I've had on road (285 mi. One way) is 19.8. Use the cruise and keep your foot out of it. I tow my 8000 lb. Bobcat 200 miles (road) and get 13.2 nothing to complain about. My p/u only got 10. I will buy another Avalanche. I drive it like it's my Caddy and I'm 64.

Favorite Features

The first time I opened the midgate I was amazed at how big it was (take the window out ). No wheel wells to catch little junk.

An outstanding truck/SUV
By dlz

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far my Av has been a great performer. Looks terrific in Metallic Gray and 20" rims. Locker rear end handles snow, ice and mud very well even in 2WD. Nicest, roomiest rear seats this side of a Ram Megacab. Cargo versatility is ridiculous- stuffed it to the brim with drywall and even rolled out a sleeping bag and spent the night in it when no hotels could be found! The ultimate highway cruiser-like a Cadillac. The fuel consumption readout helps keep your driving style conservative. The blind spots are big but the mirrors provide very good vision and the parking sensors are very accurate, even on something like a skinny pole. I'm very pleased with my Av!

Favorite Features

A great looker-people WILL notice you! The interior is first-rate. Cargo carrying versatility. Decent but not overwhelming power. Cadillac-smooth highway ride. Rear sensors really help backing up.

Suggested Improvements

Yes, mileage is poor. It's a really big truck! Best I've gotten is 18 on highway in summer. A tip: Keep the tires at max pressure; makes a huge difference in this vehicle. Only issue has been the rearview mirror fell off. it's heavy, carrying all the OnStar stuff. Dealership fixed no questions.

My Truck
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Avalanche. My wife was not sure but she loves every thing about it now. I had a Chevy that would get 35 mpg on the highway but I traded mpg for how I feel after a long trip. To maximize fuel economy it shows when you are in V8 mode or V4 mode and it will show you how much mpg you are getting. By watching my "mode" I can get 21 mpg on the highway or 18 with the E85 fuel. Plus after driving from Iowa to Texas and back again I felt like I drove accross town. I wish I could afford one today for my wife.

Favorite Features

The overall build is perfect and the interior is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Mud flaps should be standard to protect the finish.

Nothing like it at all!
By Surf Guru

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning just about every kind of suv, car, truck, I purchased this from a friend and cannot wait to get behind the wheel each day. Sold a 2007 Toyota Tacoma Sport and replaced it with this vehicle and would never go back. LTZ equipment package, 6.0 366 hp engine tops. Get the factory navigation if you can.

Favorite Features

Navigation, back up cam, side access storage, automatic running boards (operate with door opening)

Suggested Improvements

None