2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Great Truck
By Clint on 03/25/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have nothing but good things to say about the Avalanche. It rides great, handles perfect, the stereo has great sound and bass and the fuel mileage is better than I expected.

Perfect LTZ
By Kim K on 03/23/07 22:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2007 Avalanche LTZ is a wonderful vehicle. Quite, rides beautifully, and the fit and finish are excellent. Towed a 5500lb trailer last hunting season without effort. The options on the LTZ are terrific but it's kind of hard viewing the rear entertainment system from the front seat. The vehicle has 7000 miles and has yet to see the dealership service bay. This is my second vehicle with satellite navigation and the touch screen is easy to use.

Great, but easily could be the best!
By pkieffer on 03/17/07 20:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The '07 LTZ Avalanche is like driving a luxury car. Very smooth and handles great through the Minnesota blizzards. Very safe. The back seat has lots of leg room. Kids love the wireless DVD player. It is a great looking truck. I try to burn E85 as much as possible. The 8 cylinder to 4 is a joke. It only drops to the 4 when you are going down hill or coasting. My mileage is 14.50 on regular gas and 12.00 on E85. The engineers should look at the competion like Tundra and Rideline, they could build the best of the best. Look at my suggested improvements below and simple things like mudflaps, reciever hitch plug, a business card slot, put a K & N filter in as stock. A quicker engine would be great

What an improvement
By nuerburgring on 03/16/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a 2002 Avalanche which was flawless and a great vehicle. It is hard to believe that the 2007 is even better in every respect. The heated leather seats now have two stages, seat cushion and seat back. Nice touch. The two tone seats in the Z71 are awesome. The truck negotiates curves very well, no longer as top heavy as the 2002. It seems to hug the road -- no easy feat for such a big vehicle. The seat to steering wheel ratio is now perfect for a 6.4 person. The tailgate is now much lighter and it locks automatically. The 6 changer with MP3 is great as well. The speakers are in the wrong place and do provide a stereo sound when the seat is all the way back.

'07 Avalanche LT is awesome
By Grandman on 03/14/07 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2001 Durango for my Avalanche. One of the best moves that I have made dealing with vehicles. The ride is very smooth, seats are comfortable and the Bose stereo system is fantastic. I have had the Avalanche for only two weeks, but I just had to give Chevrolet a big pat on the back for making this great truck.

Yet another truck.
By Banjo Bill on 03/12/07 14:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Outside paint is not bad, exept the plastic grill, paint flaking off. Too much plastic for the sun to bleach on the back. Keeps the "back to black" company afloat with the amount I have to use on it. The inside is nice and plentey of room, but a bit plasticy. Seats are comfortable on a long drive. Sound system is great. It has plenty of power to pull stuff, with and without wheels on it. Motor cuts out over 95mph. Four wheel drive works well although a bit noisy. Nice ride for a truck. I use a 4x4 for what it's built for on rough terrain and in the mountains. So far its doing well but a few more cross land trips will tell. This is my 8th truck in nearly as may years. I wore the others out.

2007 LTZ
By wyok on 03/08/07 15:20 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We ordered our LTZ with everything we wanted. We love the ride and room. An option we ordered on it is power retractable steps. We thought this would be a neat option to have. Were we wrong! There are no splash guards to fit with the power retractable steps. Which for us since we live in Wyoming means snow, slush, mud etc. is splashed all up on the side of our truck. We contacted Chevy and were basically told "that's the way it and there wasn't anything that can be done about it." When we discussed our dissatifaction with the dealer he tried to sell me $1200 fender flares and the extra paint protection. Beware if you think you want this option on your next Avalanche.

Poor
By jc on 03/07/07 18:41 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very overrated. typical Chevy, poor mpg. Lots of cab noise. Many blind spots, instrumentation is poor, must take eyes off road for extended periods of time to figure controls, out of standard arm reach

1300 mile impression
By Mike on 03/05/07 20:47 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Z71 4WD package, and was a bit hesitant as to how the ride would be. All my fears are gone, the ride is perfect on/off road. Smooth highway driving, yet just the right amount of stiffness for some moderate off roading. This is the perfect ride for a combination of on highway and moderate off road capabilities. I got the 4.10 gears with the 5.3 engine and find it has plenty of power with nothing in tow. The Z71 2 tone interior with brushed metal trim is definitely a plus. Gas mileage will be 13-15 mph unless you drive a lot of flat freeway. The 8 cyl to 4 cyl switchover is seamless. Light throttle on level or downhill keeps it in 4 cyl mode,gauge shows 4-8 cyl operating status.

Exceptional Vehicle
By Tom on 02/11/07 16:45 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this '07 LTZ Avalanche for 3 days now and cannot find any faults. Chevy definitely did it right with this vehicle! The versatility is great, the appointments are beyond what I was shopping for, but I can really get used to these heated seats! The ride is very civilized for a vehicle this big. I definitely love the look without the plastic body cladding from the earlier Av's. If you are contemplating an SUV purchase, you need to do yourself a favor and drive an Avalanche, it just may sway your decision. It did mine!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.