Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

2007 Avalanche LTZ
By Tyler

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased my Avalanche in late 2007 as a replacement for my 2000 Silverado Extended Cab. I wasn't sold on the the previous years Avalanches, as they appeared to be "cheaply" made. My wife liked the Avalanche and convinced me to give up my practical pick-up for a vehicle that would accomodate our 3 kids, yet still offer the functionality that I required (pick-up bed). I've been more than pleasantly surprised. It rides terrific. I own a contracting business and tow a large boat. The Avalanche hauls and tows large loads with no problem while maintaining considerable interior luxury. I highly recommend the navigation system. Additionally, I recommend the DVD player if you have kids.

Favorite Features

Chevy spared no expense in designing the interior of the Avalanche LTZ. It looks and feels like a luxury automobile. The DVD player, camera and reverse sensors are great if you have kids. The camera also make hooking to trailers a snap.

Suggested Improvements

Just as most everyone else has indicated, better mileage would be a plus, although the Avalanche, with its, multi-displacement enging, gets better mileage than my previous Silverado. An efficient hybrid Avalanche that offered as much power would be a plus.

GM lost a customer
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Leased this truck through my company and it is the best truck in the world as long as it does not leave the drive way. This truck squeaks coming from right front wheel on start up to 30 mph, it can be heard from blocks away. Had it to the dealership at least 9x & they could never duplicate the problem even though I have it on video which I'm posting to youtube this week. Love the look and function of the truck, cant beat that. The interior of my LTZ I will put against any of the foreign luxury cars, it comes with everything and GM hit a home run there. My other car is an 08 Denali but for the money that GM wants & there poor customer service I really cant see going back to them. Sorry.

Favorite Features

The interior and design of the truck I love, when people get in it they are pleasantly surprised. Folding mirrors, back up camera heated seats and function ability from full truck to panels on is a great concept.

Suggested Improvements

When your customer calls, don't snub them and blow them off with GM bucks to put towards a new GM. Would have loved it if I hadn't been embarrassed to drive it.

quality built truck
By mike

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second AV. my 2002 had 200k miles when I sold it and never went to dealer for anything. My 2007 LTZ 2 wd now has 130k and only been in once for a cam sensor ($150.00) and recall for battery drain issue. Like my 2002 it's as tight as the day I bought it. no rattle,squeaks or flexing. I tow and haul often and does fine. I have the oil changed every 10-12k w/ synthetic oil and changed brakes at 104K and trans fluid at 100K. That's all I've done. I hear people talk about American cars and just don't understand where they are coming from. I think it's just largely perception of poor quality.

Favorite Features

overall quality of build. comfort, ride. Everyone comments on the nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

black plastic fade issue.

Best vehicle I've owned, Driving it until it explodes!!!
By 07avalancheman

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my used 07 Avalanche in 08 with 21K miles for $29K which included the GMPP 5yr/75Kmile extended warrant. The truck has performed well and I've used the extended warranty on the AC condencer, tailgate handle assembly, replaced the steering wheel (due to unusual wear) and a few other little things. The ride is amazing, it handles well in snow and it's extremely safe. I've had a few people run into my truck and while my trucK took very little damage while the other vehicles were destroyed. I'd rather have a giant tank of a vehile than a little death trap anyday. Also, with the backup sensors, I can park anywhere and once you learn the size, you can too. GREAT VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

The sheer size of the vehicle, sleek look and I love how other men have major envy when they pull up in a mini-van or cheesy car. It's huge tonka truck and is the perfect combination of luxury and practicality. Good power in the engine, reliable as well. The interior is leather and the Bose sound system rocks! I also have the 20" rims which make it look great. If you have 18" rims, it looks silly. The v8 to V4 on the highway is a great feature as well and I'm looking forward more flexfuel options in the future as gas stations offer them across the country.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would be my only issue really. (BUT, this is a huge vehicle, so what do you expect?) Some people cry about the fading of the plastic on the back of the vehicle, but there is a product by CarWORX called plastic retorer that is wonderful. It brought back the color 100% without any black dye or paint like all others I've seen on the market. I found it on ebay and it works perfectly. I really have no other suggestions.

2 rebuilds under 200k
By pgarvey

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2007 avalance new lifters at 95k. now needs new lifters again. GMC refuses to fix problem. so now i will become a problem for them thru my attorney. oh instead of fixing engine they offered me $1000 of a new vehicle purchase. what a joke. last time i drive a GM product. back to the imports as they last and admit their shortcomings.

Suggested Improvements

customer service and quality.