Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

2007 Avalanche LTZ
By Tyler

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased my Avalanche in late 2007 as a replacement for my 2000 Silverado Extended Cab. I wasn't sold on the the previous years Avalanches, as they appeared to be "cheaply" made. My wife liked the Avalanche and convinced me to give up my practical pick-up for a vehicle that would accomodate our 3 kids, yet still offer the functionality that I required (pick-up bed). I've been more than pleasantly surprised. It rides terrific. I own a contracting business and tow a large boat. The Avalanche hauls and tows large loads with no problem while maintaining considerable interior luxury. I highly recommend the navigation system. Additionally, I recommend the DVD player if you have kids.

Favorite Features

Chevy spared no expense in designing the interior of the Avalanche LTZ. It looks and feels like a luxury automobile. The DVD player, camera and reverse sensors are great if you have kids. The camera also make hooking to trailers a snap.

Suggested Improvements

Just as most everyone else has indicated, better mileage would be a plus, although the Avalanche, with its, multi-displacement enging, gets better mileage than my previous Silverado. An efficient hybrid Avalanche that offered as much power would be a plus.

Electriclal Problem
By not to happy

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the look of the car, and the fact that I can go out to dinner with fricends, and the next day toss lumber in the back. That is what I liked most about this SUV. But I have had issues with the Nav. system and a loud popping noise that shoots through the speakers, and you never know when but then the nav and dash systems blinks off and then comes back on (for now).

Favorite Features

I like the look of the car, and the way that it drives.

Suggested Improvements

The light gray interior is just to light, it shows the dirt.

2007 LTZ
By Colorado Avalanche

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had not planned on getting one at the time, but I am sure glad that I did. LTZ package is awesome (wish I had the Navigation\Backup Camera\DVD package, but no complaints). I've towed a utility trailer, pop-up camper and full- size camper in the Colorado mountains with no problems. Sound system is great, interior is comfortable, engine is powerful, utility aspect is wonderful and, of course, it looks great. Yeah, it uses some gas, but you have to consider that before you buy it. I'm at 19,000 miles right now and I'd buy it all over again.

Favorite Features

Body style, sound system, mid-gate, sunroof, 20-inch wheels, great power, standard rubber bed mat to keep things from sliding around in back, light in bed, comfortable seats, all the safety features, the low rumble of the exhaust

Suggested Improvements

The interior material (orange peel texture) used on the dashboard, etc. is hard to clean\keep clean; the light in the bed should be triggered by the tailgate, not the passenger doors; gas mileage

Great Truck
By AZ Avalanche

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 Z71 Avalanche 1 year ago. Have 18,000 + miles with not a single problem. Truck has great, smooth power and excellent fit and finish. Rides extremely smooth even with Z71 package. In construction and usually get a new truck every 6 months, but plan to keep this one. Very comfortable with well placed and logical controls. Gas mileage averaging 14.8 over 18k of driving all in city. Best all around vehicle out today.

Favorite Features

Ride and power. Rock solid reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone, better gas mileage. Why can't GM build cars as stylish and class leading as these trucks?

I like mine
By Endsley

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was pleasantly surprised at the quiet ride, and the seats provide good support and comfort. I have the rear end lock up on my 2wd. Every so often I'll go off road when fishing, but stick to trails. Glad The OnStar is a great feature and I really like the XM radio

Favorite Features

Seat memory, on steering wheel radio controls, back up sensors. Z71 option for the off road yet 2wd!

Suggested Improvements

Huge blind spot right behind the tailgate. I wouldn't even think of buying this vehicle without at least the back up sensors. The camera is the best way to go