2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Sweet Avalanche LTZ 6.0
By b. carey on 06/13/07 06:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Avalanche is fun to drive. A definite head turner. The dash layout is easy to use and very nice looking, much more so than other crew cab trucks. If you are getting this truck definitely get the leather seats and back up camera. The mid-gate is very easy to use with no learning curve. However, you will be spending more money at the pump.

Too many rattles
By joe f. harris on 05/22/07 15:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle has numerous areas of vibrations and rattles. The gauges are almost unreadable during daylight driving. I did not opt for back-up sensors or camera. These features should be made standard because of the poor rear vision. Gas consumption is about what was advertised. The seating is very comfortable. The lighting in the rear bed should be improved.

Avalanche Z-71 4x4
By Hella31 on 05/22/07 09:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded in my '02 Suburban for an '07 Avalanche Z-71 4x4. I love this truck. The exhaust and engine sound great. The new interior and dash cluster really looks up to date and then some. The engine is very responsive and shifts very smooth. Fit and finish inside and out is fantastic. The new rack and pinion steering feels much better than my '02 Suburban. The aluminum control arms and coil over suspension absorbs road shock from bumps and holes very well. The overall feel and look of this truck is awesome. GM has hit a home run with there new line of full size trucks.

Great Truck
By great car on 05/17/07 12:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I thought about getting a regular pickup but instead went with the Avalanche and am so glad I did. The midgate is an amazing and useful feature. It's incredibly versatile. The abiltiy to lock the bed is priceless. Definitely the best truck I've driven and with out a doubt most practical for day to day use. As for gas mileage, though it is kind of a hog the active fuel management makes a huge difference and the instant fuel economy display is a great way to help alter your driving to conserve fuel.

Best ride in town
By josephous on 05/11/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've never ridden in a truck more comfortable than this. it's apleasure to drive, forgiving. I drove on road trip to Austin from Mississippi, not tiring, and the dvd to boot. Thanks Chevy. A real winner

Great Truck
By Chris on 05/03/07 19:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche. My '04 Z-66 was fantastic and after looking at the others, I decided to go back to the dealer and purchase a tarted up '07 with sunroof. This is a great truck. Heated leather seats, Bose radio, 22" Wheels, improved steering and brakes. What's not to like? It looks even better with the factory chrome wheels and running boards. I knew what to expect with the mileage. My family will love going on vacation in this awesome rig.

2007 LT3
By BlM on 04/30/07 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2004 Avalanche for 2007 LT3. I pulled my 6500lb travel trailer without any problems and had plenty of power. With my '04 it seemed like it was always between gears. Not the case with '07. The gas mileage has also been much better (19.3). You feel no difference when the active fuel management kicks in. I am very happy with my purchase.

SoCal Avalanche
By TRG on 04/27/07 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first domestic vehicle. This truck has wonderful fit and finish, and has appoinments similar to those you mind find in European cars. The power is impressive, though it seems a bit sluggish from a stoplight or in a passing lane. The poor MPG is well documented. I drove it from LA to Monteray (roughly 400 miles) at 75 with the cruise control...and still only averaged 14mpg. All of the luxury features are nice, and made well. Bluetooth is a feature this vehicle is missing, and GM has no real excuse for not equipping it on a $50+ truck.

Incredible vehicle.
By Phil P on 04/21/07 16:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Exactly what I wanted with only minor improvements suggested. Beautiful truck, virtually silent driving, love versatility and comfort. The 2 tone seats look great. The seat warmers are a must for tired muscles and bones. Over 16 mpg in town. Handles and rides much betterr than my '02 Suburban. The dashboard is well set up and easy to see.

Sweet ride
By tony on 04/13/07 23:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

just bought this car, and like it a lot. Great interior, and the front of the car is very nice looking. A lot of room inside. A truck bed, a hitch, and a hard tonneau cover, it's got everything you need. Free year of OnStar. Good car overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.