Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Dissappointed
By Flyboy737

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First brand new vehicle and first time owning a Chevy truck. Few problems initially with only 1 recall for heated wipers, which they did during oil change. Unfortunately, after rolling just 19k, transmission crapped out. I baby my truck, so when pulling out in traffic the tranny goes. I'm not a happy camper. Up to this point, have been happy with my truck. But this experience definitely leaves a sour taste. Might not go back to Chevy.

Back up camera, MP3 plug-in, navagation, versatility, seat warmers, steering wheel radio controls.

5 or 6 speed please. Would help with the next, better fuel economy. Better climate controls, more quality interior materials, stronger transmission!

Absolutley Incredible
By Best Decision I Made

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck now for almost a year with 12k miles and I could not be happier. I have had no problems with this vehicle at all and lover the styling and comfort as well as the versatility. I am always being complemented on the truck, it looks much more expensive than it really is. I have added 22" chrome wheels, chrome front and rear light accesories as well as on the back liftgate handle area. I have the LTZ pretty much loaded with the rear camera and nav, which is extremely helpful. For anyone looking for an SUV that also doubles as a truck there is nothing that compares, especially if you are looking for true 4 wheel drive. This blows the socks off of the Honda Ridgeline.

Nav with rear camera, midgate and rear removable cover, side storage compartments, luxurious interior, exterior styling and smooth ride. A real pleasure to drive you will not be dissapointed.

Would like to have the six speed tranny on the 09 but other than that it is perfect.

Love My Avalanche
By txsixguns

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love My 07 Avalanche. Great truck. Rides like a Cadillac, hauls and tows like a truck. Great camping vehicle. Great to have lockable bed. My only complaint is rear seats are not comfortable on back for a long car trip. Been back to the dealer for replacing interior door handle and 2 computer updates. Gets much better gas mileage on reg gas vs e85. Don't recommend e85. Runs sluggish and get 11-12 mpg vs 17-23.

Lockable cover on bed, roomy center console, super ride.

Rear back seat height and angle. Put the all chrome grille in all models.

Highly Recomend
By gilli2us

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent, versatile vehicle. Can haul full sheet of plywood with tailgate shut. Excellent payload, love the fuel management features. Supurb interior, and ingenious design with the mid- gate, and removeable rear window. Truck drives like a car, or hauls like a good truck should. It does get a little cramped with the rear seats folded down. You have to move the front seats forward pretty far to get the back seats to fold down all the way.

I love the rear entertainment option, heated memory seat option, and the whole design of the interior. Not to mention the smooth ride, and extremely good looks.

I would only recomend more leg room with the mid-gate let down. A taller person may have a hard time driving the truck this way.

2007 Avalanche LTZ
By Tyler

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased my Avalanche in late 2007 as a replacement for my 2000 Silverado Extended Cab. I wasn't sold on the the previous years Avalanches, as they appeared to be "cheaply" made. My wife liked the Avalanche and convinced me to give up my practical pick-up for a vehicle that would accomodate our 3 kids, yet still offer the functionality that I required (pick-up bed). I've been more than pleasantly surprised. It rides terrific. I own a contracting business and tow a large boat. The Avalanche hauls and tows large loads with no problem while maintaining considerable interior luxury. I highly recommend the navigation system. Additionally, I recommend the DVD player if you have kids.

Chevy spared no expense in designing the interior of the Avalanche LTZ. It looks and feels like a luxury automobile. The DVD player, camera and reverse sensors are great if you have kids. The camera also make hooking to trailers a snap.

Just as most everyone else has indicated, better mileage would be a plus, although the Avalanche, with its, multi-displacement enging, gets better mileage than my previous Silverado. An efficient hybrid Avalanche that offered as much power would be a plus.