2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Best truck for us
By Richard on 09/26/07 21:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is perfect for everything we do. We travel, camp, commute to work in comfort, and just ride around town. I can fit 5 grown men in the car and my girlfriend doesn't complain that it's cold because she has the heated seats on. I want to take this truck everywhere.

Good truck but flawed
By p driver on 09/25/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I find this truck to be reliable and fun to drive, but that changed when the transmission went out. Everyone one has no answer, and I hope that this is not the beginning of more problems.

2007 Avalanche LTZ
By Paul on 09/25/07 09:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Avalanche after buying 5 new Silverado pickups. It's a great versatile vehicle, has near luxury car like ride with great styling and comfort.

Great Utility Vehicle!
By nca4731630 on 09/14/07 09:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevrolet has hit upon something pretty special with this truck. It is one great vehicle. It can cruise to formal events and can easily transform into a work truck. The mileage is pretty good considering it is a full size truck/Suburban. I was worried about the switching from 8cyl mode to 4cyl mode on the fly but that works superb and is inditinguisable to the driver.

Worth Every Penny
By davisnet on 09/03/07 00:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is truly an awesome and versatile truck. A little soft in the suspension but that can be changed easily. Comfortable to ride in front seats or rear Easily fits 5 tall adults. Beefy and stout when compared to most other full-size trucks on the road. Easy to drive for my wife but yet still enough power for my lead foot.

Tows our 6,200 Lb Trailer Like a Champ
By Camper Man on 08/30/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We ordered our 2007 Avalanche specifically to tow our Outback travel trailer. We equipped it with the optional 6.0L engine, 4.10 rear end, transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty 4L70E transmision and rear-view camera -- in other words, set up to tow. The Avalanche takes to the hills with confidence! 95% of the time, we use it as a comfortable family hauler. The redesigned interior matches our previous Sequoia in comfort and thoughtfulness of design. The drivetrain is not as smooth or refined as the Toyota's, but GM is getting closer. I can feel the 6.0L "burble" at idle, while the Toyota 4.7L was virtually silent. This is my first-ever GM vehicle -- and so far I have been pleased.

2007 Avalanche
By Wayne on 07/17/07 06:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I realize now that all of the reviews I read before purchasing are true. The new Avalanche rides like a luxury car but, it is a lumbering beast. You would never guess that it has 300HP, you really have to step on it to get it to go. Averaging 16 miles/gallon. If you are looking for pep or gas mileage, forget it. If you are looking for luxury and versatility, it is an awesome vehicle.

Chevy has a Winner with this Truck
By Christy on 06/27/07 07:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a pleasure to drive. Versatile, comfortable on long trips and the quality is excellent. I have had zero problems, rattles or any other issues with this truck. Being a woman I like the way it sits up so you get a better view of the road. I will definetly buy another one.

Great Vehicle
By MCH on 06/15/07 09:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2005 Avalanche and this is a much improved vehicle. The front suspension is much improved and no longer pops and shakes like the older body style. The inside is much nicer and quieter too. Rear back-up sensors are a must, as rear visibility is terrible.

Unexpected Airbag Deployment
By Frustrated on 06/13/07 20:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 46th Chevrolet that I have owned. Options WoW, loaded to the max. Smooth driving and handling. Power to weight ratio in the drain. I have driven 11,000 miles in 5 months. Window sticker advertises 16 city 21 highway, the best I have acheived is 11.9, dealer now tell me thats normal. Today while driving on a bumpy road at appr.25 mph both side airbags deployed. Not sure how this is going to work out, but I am going to try and go back to a crew cab 1500 Z-71 Chevy truck. I have had 11 repairs with this Avalanche and I have lost faith in it. This is my first regretable Chevrolet purchase. I have loved the Vettes and trucks that I have owned. The floorboard creaks when turning also.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.