2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: 50,000 update--pretty good

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

50,000 update--pretty good
By dlz on

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thought it'd be a good time for this. At 50000mi my Av is doing well, with a few problems. This winter the 4WD started kicking out when the wheels slipped and dash read "service 4WD". Later this spring rear parking sensors quit. Both computer glitches, warranty fix. Oil consumption a little high, maybe a quart per 3000mi. Built-in oil life monitor would let me go over 8000mi between changes! All I've read says this monitor is as accurate as can be; so I run it to 10% life and change it. Hwy MPG as high as 19 in warm weather. Paint, fit and finish, interior leather holding up very well, just wipe down those stylin' aluminum wheels every car wash. A darn good truck, and I'm not easy on it!

STILL looks like a million bucks (metallic gray, 20" wheels). A 4WD pack mule in winter snow. Heated seats in WI winter are where it's at! Cargo carrying versitality will not let you down. Not bad MPG for a huge truck with good power. THE way to cruise down the HWY for a long trip, passengers happy.

A bit worried about electrical snafus, but I guess not unexpected for late model GM trucks. Warranty is up, so we're playing for keeps now. What is with a LUGGAGE RACK on a vehicle like this?! Took it off; heard it will help MPG.