2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 5

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Great Family Truck
By Dave on 01/14/08 12:55 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle needing a truck and also an SUV to haul the family around in. I haven't been disappointed. It is extremely comfortable and the design is sharp inside and out. The locking truck bed is nice to keep luggage and equipment in when you have passengers up front. I'm also an XM guy so having it standard on GM vehicles was a big selling point. Developed a couple of rattles after about a month - the dealership really wasn't interested in helping to fix them so I eventually found and fixed myself.

Test Drove 2008 - Bought 2007
By Winston on 12/12/07 13:35 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in 2004 Z71 Tahoe. Test drove 2008 LTZ, but with 0% financing and on- lot availability, bought 2007 LS with the few options we really wanted. Really liked both - ride is great, impressive interior room. Mileage is better than the old Tahoe and better than the 15-20 rating (getting about 17 around town and around 21 highway). And, it looks great. It adjusts great for both my 5'1" wife and my 6'1" frame. Have already used it to haul 8' lumber, 12' trim, and new oak doors - love the mid-gate. Even my Mother (who has always hated trucks as "the good car") has told my Dad that he could buy an Avalanche to replace their Buick next year.

How can you not like this truck?
By Fassler on 12/11/07 08:35 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Avalanche LTZ and I love driving this truck!! This thing is loaded, navigation, dvd, back up camera heated seat etc..It does everything you could ask for in a truck/suv. Ride is smooth for its size. Get a lot of compliments from friends and stranger!! For a truck 14 - 15mpg is great. Chevy really stepped up with the new design inside and out. Its luxury style without paying the Cadillac price.

Great truck so far!
By AviFan on 12/06/07 11:58 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a little over 3000 miles on my LTZ and am really enjoying it. It is one of the most comfortable rides I have owned over the years. Visibility is excellent although changing lanes on the highway and parking do take a little getting used to with this big beast. Definitely splurge on the rear back up camera as I can't imagine parking without it. Fit and finish in the LTZ is great and so far in almost 3 months we have not needed to return to the dealership for anything.

Best Vehicle on the Planet
By Rocky II on 12/04/07 13:36 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a loaded '07 LTZ that I traded the intial '02 Z71 for. Loved the first one so much after 5 year and 92K miles, I had to have the new one. There are huge improvements to this GMT900 version in all areas including comfort, accessories, performance, handling, and fuel mileage. The new Active Fuel Mgmt system gives 16.5- 17.0 MPG City and 18.8-20.4 Hwy. It has retained most of the good things the original had with better features. Still too pricey at a $45K list.

Awesome
By Ted on 11/18/07 17:24 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my '03 Z71 with 100,000 and no problems and did not think the '07 could be better overall....but it is. Ride is a lot better, fuel economy better, handling better, features a lot better. What a fantastic piece of equipment again. This is the first time I have purchased the same vehicle for a second time.....fantastic.

1 year later, still love it
By teflonjpr on 11/01/07 16:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned our Avalanche for 1 year, and still are glad we bought it. Fuel mileage has increased, now getting about 21-22 mpg if we keep the speed at or below 75 mph. The 4 cyl mode started kicking in noticeably more once we passed 15,000 miles. Some minor squeaks started in the trim, but tighentened a couple of screws and they have gone away. Only minor problem we have had is with the door handle pulls, metal has started to delaminate from the plastic at the edges, fixed it with super-glue until we can get it into the dealer. It's a cross country machine, 500+ mi on a tank of gas, 1000+ mi a day with minimal driver fatigue. Makes the trip between Reno & LA a breeze.

Greystone/Ebony 4WD LTZ
By Watchman on 10/22/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've only owned this vehicle for a week but I can say that after driving the Nissan Titan and the Chevy Silverado, the Suburban based Avalanche has the best finished interior and best ride of the three vehicles. The 5.3L (327ci) engine feels a bit undersized but the fuel economy is surprising so I have no complaints with performance. It would be nice if the engine would idle in 4 cyl mode to further improve city mileage. A 6 or 7 spd transmission would help bolster acceleration as well as mileage. The column shifter somewhat obscures the sterio controls. Seating is comfortable and the large console storage is a plus. Steering wheel audio control functionality is better than in my Acura-Nice!

My first...and won't be my last Chevy
By Wolf on 10/22/07 13:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Been a Mopar/Ford guy all my life until now and am very pleased with my Avalanche LT. It tows my boat better than the Ford I had and yet rides like a sedan. Well appointed inside; the family loves the room, cup holders and power outlets. Very glad to have seven airbags too safety-wise. Lots of storage room and the tonneau cover is easy to remove. Plenty of spots to tie down a large load in the bed too. Way to go GM!

Comfort and Versatility
By JohansenRJ on 10/10/07 14:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking at 07 Silverado crewcabs. I did some research and realized that the new Silverado does not have 4 wheels disc brakes (the 00 did)a nd a long list of stuff that I wanted (XM, steering wheel mounted controls, 5.3V8, alloys, etc) were standard on the Avalanche, but optional on the regular pickups. Additionally, there's no provision on the regular pickup for securing the cargo bed. I bought the Avalanche LT1 with Bose and locking differential, all the stuff I wanted, without a bunch of stuff I couldn't care about. The styling is great and the ride is super comfy. Gas mileage is about what you would expect for a 5500 lb vehicle...about 14-15 in the city, 20- 21 on the road.