Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

50,000 update--pretty good
By dlz

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thought it'd be a good time for this. At 50000mi my Av is doing well, with a few problems. This winter the 4WD started kicking out when the wheels slipped and dash read "service 4WD". Later this spring rear parking sensors quit. Both computer glitches, warranty fix. Oil consumption a little high, maybe a quart per 3000mi. Built-in oil life monitor would let me go over 8000mi between changes! All I've read says this monitor is as accurate as can be; so I run it to 10% life and change it. Hwy MPG as high as 19 in warm weather. Paint, fit and finish, interior leather holding up very well, just wipe down those stylin' aluminum wheels every car wash. A darn good truck, and I'm not easy on it!

STILL looks like a million bucks (metallic gray, 20" wheels). A 4WD pack mule in winter snow. Heated seats in WI winter are where it's at! Cargo carrying versitality will not let you down. Not bad MPG for a huge truck with good power. THE way to cruise down the HWY for a long trip, passengers happy.

A bit worried about electrical snafus, but I guess not unexpected for late model GM trucks. Warranty is up, so we're playing for keeps now. What is with a LUGGAGE RACK on a vehicle like this?! Took it off; heard it will help MPG.

Awesome Truck
By RayRay

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Upgraded my Silverado to an Avalanche and so far, no disappointments. I love this truck. Smooth on the highways and plenty of power. A great looking truck with a luxury car feel.

Steering wheel radio controls, Power driver seat, Awesome exterior design.

Better gas mileage, improve rear blind spot.

Great for fun, work if U can afford gas
By Z71

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I owned so far! The versatility of this vehicle is exceptional. Great interior and exterior designs for work and fun. I got it with the Z71 pkg. special grill, running boards, sunroof, DVD/CAM, DVD based Navigation (which is not preferred), towing kit and every things else. Black color is very nice but too hot for S. Florida. The bed cover is great and you can keep things in it with no worries. When the seats are down you have room to put drywall 4x8 and keep it enclosed. This is amazing! I was very happy with it and proud driving it but had to give it up because of fuel costs.

Fun to drive, great for loading materials and tools, tons of options, great design.

the phone feature is not usfull Because itís too expensive and no Bluetooth (shame for GM) DVD based nav (no good), tires worn un-evenly. Too easy to dent. Average 15MPG driving mostly on highways.

It is my mobile office - quite comfy too
By corneliani

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you're looking to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, there is no better choice. As a homebuilder I need the function/look of a truck on a jobsite, but it cleans up so well that we use this same truck to go to church, outings, evenings out, everywhere. I've racked up 66k miles in 2.5 years and all I've done are oil changes (whenever the light tells me to) and changed a set of tires (shouldve balanced them more often, was told). I average 4-6 hrs/day in my truck when out, and could not imagine a more comfy ride and interior. At 6'1" and 250lbs it fits like a glove. Fuel economy can be an issue if you have a heavy foot, as I used to, but even though I still drive aggressively I avg 16+ mpg's city.

The backup camera with sensors makes it easier to back in than to pull forward while parking. I love the z71 trim with chrome chicken-wire grille and chrome stepbars. The navi system is nice, though they're cheaper & better aftermarket. The 4x4 is also not worth the maintenance; my diff does the job

My main complaint is the lack of torque. I know this was the compromise to achieve decent gas mileage, but if towing I get 8-10 mpg's. Also, the computer screen and electronics for the navi&stereo controls are slow sometimes. I'd love to use the controls while driving too, instead of pulling over.

Happy with a few complaints
By Sunburst Orange

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is absolutely gorgeous, so many compliments, rivals that of my Corvette. As far as mpg not bad for what you are driving. Drives nice but I encourage all buyers to purchase air ride! Makes your $40,000 vehicle ride like a $40K should. This is a big vehicle with lots of blind spots. Get back up camera for sure! Another problem, to lower the mid gate you have to move both front seats up a lot! Not even an option for long trips. Seats aren't as comfortable as I would like but maybe it's just me. Light in bed should be controlled by tailgate not courtesy lights. I have had a few things that seem like they need replaced but I bought mine used so might just be driven rough. I love it.

Remote start, rubber bed mat (keeps your stuff from rolling around), backup cam (so you can see what's behind you), DVD (for the kids), moon roof, Bose sound, and air ride suspension!

Having to move up the front seats to lower midgate. Air ride should be standard, I mentioned the bed light, and the change/junk holder for the center console should come on your $40k truck not sold separately