Used 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Not Happy
By Mike

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission went out at 40,000 miles. I have had in shop 4 times for rattles and grinding noise in steering column. They never got it fixed and I have given up on the dealership. I had 03 model and the interior was better on it. This one seems cheaper made and less comfortable.

Highway ride is still best thing about this model.

Better workmanship and higher quality parts.

she is still tickin
By curtdeznutz

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

awesome truck she is at 175000km and no probs other than the back up sens but that quit at 30,000km and never bothered to fix it cuz not needed. drive it rather hard off road. also i work in the oil patch and in the winter i never fret the roads with this truck. only complaint is how wide the box is.

bose, 20 inch wide rims, great seats if ur over 6 feet. motor, well i guess the whole truck haha

rear seats, i have no kids but my buddies hate sitting in the rear.

Transmission Problems
By Richard

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my transmission replaced once and rebuilt twice in 36k miles. First was at 16K miles-all gears except 1st and reverse gone. Next was at 26k miles. Gears 3 and 4 gone. Next was at 36K miles last month. Gears 3 and 4 gone. I have just about every other oil change they have had to fix the transmission. I have owned this since new and never use it to tow.

Good truck, dont expect miracles!!
By PaulM141

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, GM did a great job with this redesign. The wife and kids love the interior. Have the Rear DVD for the kids, and I will say it is a godsend. Ride is really good, nice and smooth. Decent fit and finish. I think GM could have done better with the gas mileage. I know this is a 6,000lb truck, and I expected poor economy, but I am averaging 11-13mpg regularly around town. I hoped cruising the interstate in primarily V4 mode would help, but alas 16-18mpg on the highway. Great utility in this truck, just be aware that odds are you will get 15mpg on average, and that gets worse with E85 fuel. Other than that I love this truck, but costs to drive are too high for me.

Rear DVD, aggressive look, interior

GAS MILEAGE!! Improve ergonimics for taller individuals, GAS MILEAGE, make more DIY friendly for headlight changing had to pull up the process from youtube and it is lengthy and tough, make a button to keep the bed light on with the doors shut (annoying)

Enjoying the ride
By Mark

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a gently used and fully loaded LTZ and love the truck. Just came back from 2,400 trip and was glad I took it. Plenty of room for luggage in box/trunk. Felt safe on the road being higher up. Could see great when driving in bad weather with too. Handled well even at higher speeds. Kids loved the DVD player. Bought it because wanted a box to haul things, and a size like a surburban. Sharp looking truck. Now wife wants one too. No surprise on fuel economy, 12 mpg city, 18 hwy @ 65mph. I live where there's alot of snow so the extra weight helps with traction, much less rear slippage than a pickup.

Lockable box, style, size, seat warmer, mp3 cd player and plugin, steering radio controls

Back up sensor was faulty, gauges hard to read at dawn/dusk and driving lights not on yet, garage door open programming complicated.